Fox "Y" pipe 3.8L '83/6 stang

Gotta car up in the hills miles away. No exhaust. Cats cut out pre sale to me. Addvert
on this site 6 mo for the Y had no response (abt 450 'views'). I thought someone might name a part number.
OR have used/usable (Walker duz not carry the part).

Gota guy will bend up something but I have no schematic to follow. I kept the flanges here @ the house but that just gives tube od/id &
a begining weld-it-up start.

Any 1 know dimensions? bent 6, '83/6, 238 ci stang oe motor (or 3.8L). Has a C5 auto to clear as well...
Pretty standard, pretty basic~

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Humph. Thought it clear. Write phonetically (several learning disabilities). Thnx for ur post. 3rd try:

Got a car a few miles away. No exhaust. Catalitic converter cut out pre-sale to me. An addvert
on this site 6 mo for the "Y" pipe had no response (abt 450 'views'). I thought someone might name a part number for this item
OR
have used/usable (Walker duz not carry the part any more) one.

Got a guy will bend up something but I have no schematic to follow for it's creation. I kept the flanges from the frnt of 'Y" where it meets the exhaust manny here @ the house but that just gives tube od/id & a begining weld-it-up start.

Any 1 know dimensions (length, distance apart @ block, etc) ?

Isa v6, '83/6, 238 ci 'stang oe motor (or 3.8L). Has a C5 auto to clear as well...
Pretty standard, pretty basic~

The 86- 88 thunder bird should be the same. They had the 3.8 in them and are on the fox platform.

Screenshot_20230215_194143_Chrome.jpg

hey, that great Noobz. Seen ya plenty on site, thank U.
Correct- 'too big' & 2yr late.

Sickfox may B a lill closer as it's not as much a Y (as CJPprts) but more like the bird. oem industrie's 40 inch and 31.5 are great 'schmatics' 4 the bender, I C the 45*s, & hanger and O2 positions. It also looks like 1 cat not 2 (a Q I had) w/the longer for the wagon?
Gives me enuff idea to go there'n measure now for match up... hot digety! First progress (almost) since the drop off the lift w/a new paper transmish pump gasket (no leak, now 3 gears). The trim is very tough to find compaired to the bronk (course I was @ it 40 +yrs).

Reactions: 1 user