You be the Judge--SN-95 Or SN-197

Yobi1Kanobi

Apr 9, 2003
Ever since the unveiling of the 05' I have not been happy it just doesn't look right IMO. It is a cover model it looks great in a Pic with some make up (new wheels, bumpers, lowered 2 in, etc.) The Shelby being the exception to the bunch. But in retro the had a nice concept with the SN-95 94 through 98 it was some sexy years. Yes the have their flaws but they seem to be original styling and they are good lookers even stockers. That is not to say the SN-197 does not have potential to be a great car just it really was not what I thought would be delivered it looks like it has the ride hieght of an SUV. And it has an ass like it gave birth to all the previous models. Well that is what I think let us know what you think.:nice: :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

I think this is definitely the wrong place to ask an opinion between an SN95 platform and the 197 dew lite platform....we're all 94-95 stangers here...

I do like the look of the newer stangs, the front clip is incredible, and the company's taken away alot of the previous shortcomings had by mustang enthusiasts from years past.

I like the retro idea, Ford came through at the right time with this, not too early, but not too late, and it's showing alot for the business, having vast amounts of old Camaro owners and whatnot looking at purchasing from FoMoCo.

I don't like how Ford made it out to be that the production car was a spitting distance away from the concept. I was much more fond of the original taillight assembly on the concepts, and the production car doesn't sit anything like it.

The wheels, from the factory, should have been 18's. The after axle exhaust is a little bit of a no no for mustang people who've spent years working with the same type of catbacks, and the glass roof would have been a wonderful idea to have as an option. The concept hood would have also been a nice option as well.

The engine is fine, the three valve has a nice place between the old 2 valves, and the cobra 4v, and although not as friendly as the latter, it does respond much better to mods than a 5 litre would shot for shot. However, the 5 litre's easy working environment was a major plus for those that stuck with pushrod power, I honestly don't know jack about how modular engine's work....not that I know much about 5 litres, either...

Drive by wire throttle is something I'm unsure about, I like the idea of a cable, myself...but as technology would have it, it's got it's benefits, I just haven't understood them yet.

I pick a 95 GT

Well I kinda sorta think Ford may have been goin after all of those Baby Boomer dollars with a back end that looks like the old wide body 69 Stangs and the front end that reminds me of the 67 Stangs. I do think the side looks a bit more current however.

btw ...... I be one of those boomers, lol.

If it had a REAL motor in it, it would be very tempting to me as a Stang I might own some day.

Grady

super302 said:
Its S197, not SN197

PWNED.jpg

i really don't like the styling at all. more important to me though is the tech. i love throttle by wire, i hate 2 piece driveshafts and saddle tanks. i like three link/panhard bar rear suspensions, i hate rear facing l-arms with macph struts. i like variable cam timing, i hate a car that weighs 3800lbs although a stiff chassis is ver important. i like old muscle cars, i hate so called "retro" styling. but its still a stang and i will prolly be in line when they come out with a n/a 4v car with a 6spd.

We had a few in at work that I got to check out... as far as exterior styling goes i'm not a big fan of how they look stock. But some of the aftermarket ones i've seen are breath taking. I don't like how they replaced the side vents with a little contour line. I know some of the older mustangs all didn't have sidevents but to me a newer mustang needs side vents, lol. Also mufflers after the axle is kind of weird. They're too visible. Thats about it.

do any of you guys remember how high our cars sit stock. i do, mines still carrying the original suspension. it also carries an suv like stance. i always hated parking my car next to my friends ws6. his sat like 2in lower stock. fwiw, s197's sit lower stock than sn95's. s197's also show less fender to wheel gap which in my eyes is more attractive. i really like the dash in the s197's as well and i dont like our interior lay out very much. it looks kind of like the interiors of mustangs from the late late 60's and early 70's which were ugly. but i love how cheap parts are for the 5.0's. they are easily modified with little head aches. well maybe im getting a head of myself here. our 94-95's are notoriously known for sucking balls when you change the cam. i have a e-cam and my computer hates it, it idles like ***** and dyes on me at times. it sucks that i have to spend another couple hundred bucks more to get a tuning device. i would rather spend that money on some new seats and suspension components.

either way, our cars are hella cheap and for what you'd spend on an s197 you'd have one killer sn95. oh and dont forget the insurance on the newer stangs is wicked high so you have to be willing to deal with that too.

-fawcett

I like the sn95's but I think the 05 body style blows the doors off of it. Stock for Stock the engine does too. The thing about our cars is as more time progresses they will be more unique, while there will be a slew of 05 body styles. Uniqueness is a plus for me.

SN95's look sexy and 05's look brute (60's muscle style) IMHO

Yeah I like ours, the fox and the S197. The S197 has alot of detail in it that previous models lacked. It's lines actually line up and are nice a tight, well controlled. I like it. If it came with a pushrod 5.0 I'd buy one.

It is some great points those s197's carry they are very tech advanced. And the interior is great. But the Ford should have delivered what they promised. And you know what I aint crazy about my tail lights but the 05s are hidious. Nice engine but if you thought 94-95 parts are rare these engines are sealed.