331 SBF with Procharger (F1R????)

• Sponsors (?)

Its the 1/8th more like 8.5-8.3 in the 1/4, not looking to break a record just have a fun fast Street / Strip.

Since this thread was up last allot of work finished. Heres what has happened so far.

1-building the car around 1000 HP (even if i dont make it)
2-Front K-member with coil over 90/10 with bump steer kit
3-50/50 Rear Shocks with UPR upper and Lower adjustable Controll Arms
4-leaving Rear Springs and air bags
5-Car already had Full Length Subframe bolted and welded
6-8 Point Cage
7-1400 HP Fuel System with sump tank and bigger fuel lines
8-347 Dart Iron Eagle race pro Short Block with all Forged Int (Int Balanced)
Comp Cam, Edelbrock Heads, Cartech Intake Hooned and extruded, Aeromotive fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator, 80lb Injectors, Abaco MAF, SFI Damper, High Vol Oil Pump & 7 qrt oil Pan.
9-TH400 Trans with Transbrake built for 1000 HP, JW Bell and 9" Torque Converter.
10-B&M Pro ratchet shifter with electric shiftnoid for hands free shifting
11-F1A 3 core intercooled Procharger set up for Fox Stang,
12-8.8 Rear End welded Tubes with Tube supports, Spool with 3:73 Gears, Strange 35 Spline Axles with C-Clip Eliminators
13-Willwood Brake system
14-Gonna try the SCT Tune first as my Tech feels he can get it done through the Chip (if not we gonna swap to PMS Anderson or FAST)

When i Dyno i will put up numbers and some pics, heres my Prediction
N/A 375-400 HP
Boosted 14lbs 600-700 / 25lbs 750-850
I will wait and see, im sure there gonna be some snags to fix as i go along.

OK Gonna post some of what i have latter tonight from the build earlier last month. Gonna download them and have them up. You guys must be named "THOMAS" :rlaugh: I am sure youll understand, i am not like most dreamers.

Matt

It drives better then any stock Mustang I've been in, definitly nailed the cam perfect. You can putt through town in 4th gear at 1500rpms and it won't buck. It's funny when a lil import comes up and I just hit the gas enough to spool the turbo...it's an awesome sleeper. Just about ready to go back to dyno for complete tune....

DART Based Big Bore 347, AFR225 (worked), Canfield Spyder (Large Port), RNH Solid Roller cam, 76mm Ball Bearing, Full accesories including A/C, MMR TKO900 trans, fully built rear, RNH fuel system,etc. It is for a NFL Player :)

Damn, Rick. That is a great looking car. Has me thinking about scrapping my body and putting my drivetrain and suspension in a '93 Cobra. What did you do for exhaust, and a fuel system to keep it so sleeper?

Thing is, n/a motors and blower motors are incompatible. You'd need to replace the pistons, and the cam to optimize the combination down the road. With a $30k budget, build it however you want to. You've got the money to build a BBF n/a monster, or a SBF with a turbo/blower and it'd still be a monster. My preference is the turbo route because I like street cars and turbo motors do well with small cams.

The original goal of 900rwhp is easily possible with a manual tranny and a 331 F1R or a 76+mm turbo.

Good luck in your build.

In Germany as a Company Commander. So, I'm up to my eye-balls in **** to do. I can't really keep up with everything and I'm prepping my company to go to Afghanistan toward the end of this year. That's all keeping me from spending time in the forums, and frankly I wouldn't blame them for pulling my mod status. I won't be able to put in the hours I used to for the foreseeable future.

It's nice to know you're still around holding down the fort though, bro.

Chris

UPDATE:
347 Dart Iron Eagle all Forged H beams etc 8.9:1 Comp
Custom Grind Cam and .700 lift springs
Brodix Heads T1 F Std.Kooks 2" Headers 3" collectors
Gt40 Lower Intake Cartech Upper
D1 Blower (had access to) 3 core intercooler 14psi
Vacuum Pump, electric water pump
Th400 Trans 3500 Converter Tbrake
same 8.8 Rear with 4.30 Gears Built with 35 spline axles c-clip eliminators
28*10.5 W 15 tire, Skinnys up front
Dynoed 600 RWHP & 585 Trq. on mild tune with Mohates Quater Horse on A9L

Now onto the 100-200 HP gain through F2 Blower, coming soon, Air to water intercooler, cog set up and dbl keyway crank, ported heads and a glide so i can see what my trans robbing me of. Ive been told aroumd 80-100HP sound like allot but will try for myself. Still working on track ets and tune as best run 6.6 1/8th. Might be running out of gear on top end and or fuel as well.

Peace

Saw your update, if your interested I have a 88 tooth lower cog, I think it's a 51 or 55 tooth upper and the a BANDO belt. I actually have a complete set of F1R brackets as well idler included, and many 8 rib blower pulleys...

The F series blower takes about 100hp to turn...you have way to much gear, Id go down to 3:73's depending on how many rpm you want to turn, it also depends on your converter as well.

Hey guys dont railroad me over pics ill post. This isnt my life.

Rick, maybe we need to talk more as im leaning to having my car running on a cog set up and ofcourse a F1/F2 set up. my email is [email protected] would like some advice on crank support and keyway.

Im glad someone here has faith. We dont BS with our cars. We just dont have a track now, LOL.

Yeah guys i know if no pics, didnt happen. I have dyno sheets of the First pull at around 600 to wheels. Ill post but im gonna make some pulls on new setup to show 600+ very soon and post them. Just remember soon isnt tonight hahaha.

We gonna see the 800-1000 some day. No rush now as we dont have a track. Allot of time to do so. also been working on another project Drag Truck pushing Low 6's on motor and high 5's on juice if we can get it to track straight.

Thanks Matt
Hey Rick shoot me a email so i can relay to you on mail.

It's not really railroading when you have a progress thread kind of thread...pictures are pretty standard. Not saying you're making it up but if I had this much money wrapped up in a project id sure as hell have a $50 camera to take a picture with