Progress Thread 95 Sapphire Blue Supercharged 351 Build

So with a few late nights at his shop, problem fixed.
20150518_210550_zps5zmlo6bx.jpg
20150518_210600_zpsoveydtbl.jpg
20150518_210608_zpsv7ifb1yf.jpg
20150513_190855_zpsladrfosk.jpg
20150513_181342_zpsnhxlwqar.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

So now that issue was fixed and engine back into the car, running very smoothly after swiss cheasing the crank to get it within .5 grams and making sure he only had a few beer's before pressing on the pistons. I moved onto the second issue. The ecu and sensors. Now this was a hard task to takle but the tune on the car was very lacking in the power department, I wanted to add the alchohol, and the idle was less than accurate.

Problem 1.) I built a smoke machine to check for any vacuum leaks....... The IAC had a HUGE one because it was cracked
2.) I had a balancer sitting around so I checked the ford racing SFI one to the powermaster. the balancer had slipped almost 15 degrees. Fortunately i caught this issue early before the distributor went in so no biggy.
3.) The tune. I ponied up the money and bought the moates quarter horse and man did that really wake the car up. I thought it was pretty fast and had good manners before. But after reading and learning how to tune, this car is a different animal!!

20150716_212121_zpsnfdyzc3c.jpg
20150608_202254_zpsh7gfsilk.jpg

Since all that mess, I turned the boost up to 15, added the alcohol and had to change the injectors to 60lb. I will post a few videos tomorrow of the track. I found out since then, the rearend bump stop was sitting on the frame. This was after many 2.67 60 foot, 10.75 at 112mph 1000' passes. On the last pass I finally broke the reared.
20150913_220953_zpsfcqq4cqn.jpg
20150916_194405_zps4o0bsilc.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I'm having problems loading pictures from iPhone to photobucket. I rebuilt the reared with 31 spline Yukon axles and Yukon duragrip carrier with the original 3.73 gears.

Also when I balanced the engine my zoom stage 2 clutch was 50grams out of balance so I tossed it and went with the new McLeod extreme clutch and it has been a very nice clutch for 300$

Reactions: 1 user
I just wanted to add that this build has been very affordable and I have used a lot of original parts that forum experts say wouldnt work or hold up.

Stock crank
Stock rods
Stock fuel rails
Stock ignition wires I pulled off a junk yard truck engine
Stock distributor
Stock fuel lines up to the engine bay
Stock melling oil pump
Cheap king bearings which I love and hold up to abuse

I also deleted the pcv system. I was having bad problems with oil in the intake and tried everything I could think of. Multiple lines, air/oil separator etc. I finally deleted it and run a breather filter. No issues except no more oil in the intake

I'm having problems loading pictures from iPhone to photobucket. I rebuilt the reared with 31 spline Yukon axles and Yukon duragrip carrier with the original 3.73 gears.

Also when I balanced the engine my zoom stage 2 clutch was 50grams out of balance so I tossed it and went with the new McLeod extreme clutch and it has been a very nice clutch for 300$
Just load directly from your phone. No need to use a 3rd party. Right beside the post reply button you hit the "upload a file" and pick from your pictures. Use the full size option. Nice car and build. :nice:

Lately i've been putting the cost together for the body work. I love the sn95 platform but for the last couple of years I really have not liked the sapphire blue. I mean it's purple and maybe alittle blue. So for that reason i have not been able to commit to spending the 5k for paint, fenders and fixing the few small dents. plus this poor car has been through 5 owners who have not been kind so the pinch seems on the bottom are crushed, etc.... It really is a beat up body.

That brings me to the next step in this build. I'm going to do another swap. I found a 94 yellow gt chassis in great condition, that only needs a few minor details (mostly in engine bay). It comes with a decent suspension, upgraded cobra brakes (front and rear), and a clean interior.