Progress Thread 95 Sapphire Blue Supercharged 351 Build

96%20cobra_zpsot1y56wo.jpg

I'm a yellow fan myself, just haven't been able to dig the purple/blue but each his own. This shlould be the final look minus the saleen wing and wheels. I'm liking it

Will anyone want a cheap sapphire blue shell when I'm done robbing parts?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Couldn't tell at all ;) I bought the car out of Iowa, I'm located in north west Arkansas. That would be quite a drive. I don't want to turn the shell over to the salvage yard but I don't have the room to store cars anymore, I sold 2 and gave a lot of stuff away when I moved back in December

I bought a new one last year but it showed up with a 1 inch long crack at the drivers side headlight area. I believe I can patch it up

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for reviving the build thread. I missed this one the first time around.

What headers and mid-pipe did you go with? There aren't many 351 options out there and I'm curious to know how well it all fit.

I went with bbk swap headers and bbk h pipe. I have since bought mac log tube swap header with 1 3/4 primaries with a 3" x pipe. That will be installed on the new project.

You are right, the marine intake is not really to comparable to the 302 gt40 intake. The runners are longer, the ports are larger and the bend radius on the runners is less, really good intake for the cost

the 351 fits better that the 302 it think, especially with the blower being raised up off of the frame rail. very easy swap and affordable. You can't go wrong. I would do this swap over a 302 stroker anytime!

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck sir. I look forward to pics!!!

Thank you, I need it. The Last time I bought a car unseen, the drivers side floor pan fell out as soon as I sat in the seat!

Where in Iowa is the yellow shell? If it happened to be around here I would gladly go check it out and look for rust and whatnot for you before you make that trip.

Thanks, It's in Marion. I believe it's going to be good, I have been talking back and forth with the owner. I feel good about it. If I had the blue one ripped apart and you were close to Marion, I would cart the shell to you.

Where in Iowa is the yellow shell? If it happened to be around here I would gladly go check it out and look for rust and whatnot for you before you make that trip.

I loaded the truck down with one shirt and the trailer yesterday and headed out to Idaho. First, it was a nice drive and Idaho was GREEN, I've never seen grass grow in fields that looks like it belongs on a manicured lawn, very nice. It was great weather there but coming back it rained the entire time.

So to the car. It is everything the seller said it was, nice paint, good suspension, perfect interior and no dents. Only thing i'll do on the body is put the cobra bumper and hood on. Now onto the swap. First thing is cleaning the engine bay and giving it some paint. I'm going to black it out with textured paint but a clean yellow engine bay would look good to. I'm thinking about a tubular K member since i'm putting in the long tubes. Other than than I really don't think any surprises will pop up, its clean including the underside. There is a few spots of rust, the worst being the shock tower area. i am going to cut out the shock towers from the purple one and eventually graft in a section but that will be for another time.

i'm swapping the taillights for the vertical style, I hate the horizontals. The rearend will be staying to until I break it.

That's it, great car and I should have it running by the end of summer.

94%20yellow%20iow%20garage_zpsshufzsxw.jpg
94%20yellow%20iowa%20loading_zpsnityztql.jpg
94%20yellow%20rear%20view_zpstfgno7sa.jpg
94%20yellow%20iowa%20oreilly_zpsbiv4jsrz.jpg
94%20yellow%20iowa%20rear_zpsxyp8ucaj.jpg

I loaded the truck down with one shirt and the trailer yesterday and headed out to Idaho. First, it was a nice drive and Idaho was GREEN, I've never seen grass grow in fields that looks like it belongs on a manicured lawn, very nice. It was great weather there but coming back it rained the entire time.

So to the car. It is everything the seller said it was, nice paint, good suspension, perfect interior and no dents. Only thing i'll do on the body is put the cobra bumper and hood on. Now onto the swap. First thing is cleaning the engine bay and giving it some paint. I'm going to black it out with textured paint but a clean yellow engine bay would look good to. I'm thinking about a tubular K member since i'm putting in the long tubes. Other than than I really don't think any surprises will pop up, its clean including the underside. There is a few spots of rust, the worst being the shock tower area. i am going to cut out the shock towers from the purple one and eventually graft in a section but that will be for another time.

i'm swapping the taillights for the vertical style, I hate the horizontals. The rearend will be staying to until I break it.

That's it, great car and I should have it running by the end of summer.

94%20yellow%20iow%20garage_zpsshufzsxw.jpg
94%20yellow%20rear%20view_zpstfgno7sa.jpg
94%20yellow%20iowa%20oreilly_zpsbiv4jsrz.jpg
94%20yellow%20iowa%20rear_zpsxyp8ucaj.jpg
Congratulations man, I agree with you about the tail lights.

You'll be able to join the Yellow Mustang Club now.

Thank you, I need it. The Last time I bought a car unseen, the drivers side floor pan fell out as soon as I sat in the seat!

Thanks, It's in Marion. I believe it's going to be good, I have been talking back and forth with the owner. I feel good about it. If I had the blue one ripped apart and you were close to Marion, I would cart the shell to you.

Lol, I shi t you not, I live in Marion. 52302, northeast side of Cedar Rapids. Talk about small world.

Lol, I shi t you not, I live in Marion. 52302, northeast side of Cedar Rapids. Talk about small world.

wow, well I was on 17th ave. across the street from st.Joseph church and school for about 2 hours! I'm sure you had seen this mustang driving around town. That kind of sucks because I was not joking about giving you the sapphire blue roller if you wanted it, lol