Back From Shop: mrvax's Mustang gets Whacked!

Damn. Just what I was thinking, right after you sunk money into her, looking better than ever. Very glad that you and your daughter are basically OK with hopefully some short term healing and that the cop did right by getting the accident report correct. Hope you get your car back with clean title and fixed up right.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, Matt. I was thinking the same thing the other day and I really was being a bit more careful. I had just dropped off my spare key & Steeda C/C plates at the installer to have the work done/drop car off early next morning.

I'll keep the pics in case I ever sell it and someone wants to know about the accident.

The claim adjstr for the car (Geico) will probably call me tomorrow. I have a lot to discuss with him.

I feel deeply sad for ya. Ive known ya on stangnet for many years now, and it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. My prayers are with your daughter and I hope you have a safe and happy resolution to all of this. God Bless

mark

Thanks to all.
I did get a brief update. The GEICO claims adjstr went to the shop and had an estimate of only $2800.
So, now I have to wait a day until the shop takes parts off the car to check for hidden damage and makes their own estimate.
I should get a call tomrrow or Wednesday withthe results.

I asked Gieco to replace BOTH my headlight assys b/c I do not want one brand new and the other one old. They will not do it. Say they can't replace stuff that wasn't damaged as a result of the accident. I was a bit pissed but there's nothing I can do.
Maybe the shop can get me a used assy that will match the undamaged one. I dont want them to look all different if ya catch my drift.

Congrads Giants!!! How 'bout them Cowboys!

Thanks to all.
I did get a brief update. The GEICO claims adjstr went to the shop and had an estimate of only $2800.
So, now I have to wait a day until the shop takes parts off the car to check for hidden damage and makes their own estimate.
I should get a call tomrrow or Wednesday withthe results.

I asked Gieco to replace BOTH my headlight assys b/c I do not want one brand new and the other one old. They will not do it. Say they can't replace stuff that wasn't damaged as a result of the accident. I was a bit pissed but there's nothing I can do.
Maybe the shop can get me a used assy that will match the undamaged one. I dont want them to look all different if ya catch my drift.

Congrads Giants!!! How 'bout them Cowboys!
That is standard practice.

Insurance can't replace items that were not broken just because they don't match the new items.

nice to see the airbags actually deployed in an accident. in the recent string of accididents it seems as though the airbags are not deploying. i cant remember who it was at the moment, but the kid who got rear ended by his friend in a field....his face smashed the steering wheel, but no airbag.

It just depends on what the insurance company feels the car is worth. I would think that it'd be worth more than 3k, though you never know until Geico gets their opinion out :)

The damage really doesn't look all that bad, so hopefully it'll work out for you.

It just depends on what the insurance company feels the car is worth. I would think that it'd be worth more than 3k, though you never know until Geico gets their opinion out :)

The damage really doesn't look all that bad, so hopefully it'll work out for you.

Nah, I've seen pix of mrvax's stang. It's a POS.:rolleyes: He'd be lucky to get $500 for it.:rlaugh:

nice to see the airbags actually deployed in an accident. in the recent string of accididents it seems as though the airbags are not deploying. i cant remember who it was at the moment, but the kid who got rear ended by his friend in a field....his face smashed the steering wheel, but no airbag.

Wow. My front right struck the rear left of the dick's car. It made such a freegin loud BOOM several people remarked about it. I was very surprised the bags deployed. But it was a hard hit.

Thats the 1st time Ive been in a car when bags went off. It was a lot of heat generated and smoke! I thought I had an engine fire at first, maybe a belt or something. Nah.

UPDATE: Both Geico called and the bodyshop owner and they checked the whole car out and estimated $2829 total.
So, they will fix and hopefully have it done by next Wednesday. Geico was nice enough to extend me the rental car w/o putting up a fuss. If you hit someone, make sure they have GEICO car insurance.

Melissa is still hurting a bit and will see her regular doc tomorrow. She also has some bumps under her neck where she got hurt.

Hoping all is back to normal soon! I'll keep the thread updated when I know any news.

Poor, poor old Bierbelly. :shrug:
Here's Beirbelly in the summer of '07:

corvette.jpg

Sorry man, that sucks. Hope your daughter gets all the treatment she needs. Neck injuries can haunt you for life. Make sure that bastard pays (well his insurance, lol). I have Geico, and they seem to be good.