Bassani BX or BBK???

Srpera

Jan 8, 2004
MA
I am tired of my Prochamber. It flows really well and makes good power, but I can't take the exhaust fumes anymore.

I found two affordable x-pipes with cats. Bassani BX and BBK both make them and are both under $375. Which do you prefer?

BTW: Selling a like-new Prochamber for 96-04 GT, PM me.

• Sponsors (?)

I like my BBK catted x-pipe. The only complaint that I have is that it seems to hang lower than other brands catted pipes, could be a problem but my car is still on stock suspension so its not a big issue unless I go over a really tall speed bump. There are some near my house, but I avoid those areas like the plague:D

between those 2, I'd go with bassani. bbk is extremely raspy, with bassani being slightly less. I went from o/r prochambers, to o/r bassani x and the prochamber sounds so much better, but of couse that's subjective.

what I would do is buy catted "legs" from partshopper :).

just took off my bbk offroad x pipe, and it was the worst sounding midpipe I have ever heard in my life. Not sure bout the catted one, but Im guessing it will sound like ass as well. As a former bassani owner, I would never buy another bbk x pipe

i switched from an o/r prochamber to a catted Bassani Xpipe and i like it

i went with the 5 piece stainless steel version, i'd highly recommend the ss piece over the bx since the difference in price isn't much. the catback on the other hand...

I get compliments on my exhaust quite often, so I would guess that it does'nt sound like ass.

Its known as the worst offroad x pipe on the market... Search it, to each their own, if you like cruising with the worst sounding x pipe on the market. Some people like the "popcorn" sound of the bbk x pipe. I personally dont. This is my third GT in the last 6 years, just a list of the exhuast I have used...

SVO headers
JBA headers
Kooks Headers
BBK Headers
BBK offroad H
BBK offroad X
Mac Catted H
Dr. Gas X pipe
Flowmaster 2 chamber
Flowmaster 3 chamber
Mac Catback
Bassani Catback

I have tried more combinations than most people, and yes.... The BBK offroad X pipe sounds like ASS

Its known as the worst offroad x pipe on the market... Search it, to each their own, if you like cruising with the worst sounding x pipe on the market. Some people like the "popcorn" sound of the bbk x pipe. I personally dont. This is my third GT in the last 6 years, just a list of the exhuast I have used...

SVO headers
JBA headers
Kooks Headers
BBK Headers
BBK offroad H
BBK offroad X
Mac Catted H
Dr. Gas X pipe
Flowmaster 2 chamber
Flowmaster 3 chamber
Mac Catback
Bassani Catback

I have tried more combinations than most people, and yes.... The BBK offroad X pipe sounds like ASS

I have a catted pipe, maybe that makes a difference.