Progress Thread Make the Notchback Great Again!

87cooper

Aug 10, 2023
Boise
I have not enjoyed or driven my car in over 10 yrs and I'm ready to fall back in love with the car. I'm struggling on where to invest on the car ( suspension, paint/body). I can do engines swap etc, but I'm NO paint or body guy. I have zero plans on running at the track and I don't care about leaving the car Original/ OEM. Now that I'm older I can't do cat-less pipes and the drone anymore. I look forward to everyone's feedback and their knowledge.

Items that I'm must have and will buy.

- Terminator X . (Purchased 8/20/23)
- All A/C compontents
- Swap to 5 lug
- New 5 lug wheels and tires
- Caddy front brake kit and taurus rear brakes
- All new Exhaust w/ Catted pipes, shorty headers
- New steel hood

Parts I would like to have:
- K Member
- coilovers
- bolt on subframe connectors ( changed to full length)
20230818_162112.jpg
20230819_224817.jpg
20230818_162145.jpg
20230819_225014.jpg
20230819_225237.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

...and forget about the K-member unless you have a specific reason for getting one. A-arms, I get. K-member for street-driven car? There's none more robust than the OEM piece.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree. I have an MM k-member in my car and in hindsight, i could have gone without it. Unless you need it for an engine swap, or road racing, or clearance with headers, use the stocker.

...and forget about the K-member unless you have a specific reason for getting one. A-arms, I get. K-member for street-driven car? There's none more robust than the OEM piece.
I like the 40 lbs saving and options to use larger oil pan and thought one would have more options with exhaust headers fitment.
I'm not sure the kmember will fit my budget, anyways.

Bypass the bolt in subframe connectors and go weld in full length. You will have zero regrets doing this.
Thanks, after a little searching, these look good.https://www.globalwest.net/mustang-full-length-subframe-connectors-1979-1993-global-west-suspension.html

Last edited:
I like the 40 lbs saving and options to use larger oil pan and thought one would have more options with exhaust headers fitment.

Thanks, after a little searching, these look good.https://www.globalwest.net/mustang-full-length-subframe-connectors-1979-1993-global-west-suspension.html
No, just get the Maximum Motorsports full length weld in SFC's. Black powder coated link below, or the bare steel for like 30-40 bucks less.

Yeah, I get ya but put that money toward aluminum heads and exhaust. :nice:

Question: What's the Terminator X for? Nothing on your wishlist warrants swapping the ECU. You can do a lot of mods to a 302 before you need to start tuning. Particularly, if it's a mass air car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
F that man, run the Global West units. I have them on both cars and they are fantastic! They lay in next to the existing subframes so the ground clearance is maximized and they work with the MM torque arm. I run the full MM suspension under the Coupe and MM specifically calls out that their torque arm will work with them.

And F a stock k-member if you have the means to get a tubular. Way more room to work on the car, improved geometry, and lighter. I have a MM k-member in the Coupe and a Griggs unit in the T-Bird. Both are rock solid for the street.

Yeah, I get ya but put that money toward aluminum heads and exhaust. :nice:

Question: What's the Terminator X for? Nothing on your wishlist warrants swapping the ECU. You can do a lot of mods to a 302 before you need to start tuning. Particularly, if it's a mass air car.
My Ecu's capacitors took a dump. I'm running 331 with EB performer heads, RPM II intake, and I can not remember which cam I have. . I like the all the flexibility with the Terminator.