Choosing The Right Supercharger

• Sponsors (?)

they say you need a new built motor for a supercharger, idc any :leghump:ing race/ preformance parts you put on your car will degrade value of car and then mechanics always say it will hurt the life of the engine and tranny. Engineers work and work and work and work and work to make a car possificly to how they want it to get a decent life out of a car. Lol idk but I like original. That's just me. Now steel beaded brake lines are great lol got to have them.

I have worked on a semi and it was running real fine and smooth till he put a different turbo on it and he thought he was going to get more fuel mileage, he ended up not even a year later replacing the cylinder walls because they were even with the block, on some semi's you want them sitting above the block a tad bit. I've seen cars that came out of the factory with a supercharger on it like a Buick with 320k miles on it and it ran fine, then I've seen Hondas head gasket go after a turbo and before they would of been lasting longer positive. That's why if I ever got a super or turbo for my mustang, I would make sure that that engine will hold up and go from the bottom to top

Is this even real ? You're really comparing sleeved diesel blocks to what we are doing here ? Pressure is pressure no matter the size of your turbo or blower . So let's get that out of the way . Wax saving gas a tad ? Hold on I have a bridge for sale to . [emoji2]

Now how efficient that big air pump is you decide to use is a different story . The more air that is cramed into that engine needs well you guessed it more fuel . So when things are done properly and the fuel demands are met and the air fuel ratio is corrected to the right area for a shiny new super charger or in your case where a guy added a bigger turbo on a truck where is the foul ? Maybe the belt puts a tad more stress on the crank . That's about it .

Your little semi story - well turbo is free power so putting more stress on an engine that probably made around 28-32 psi from the factory I highly doubt it even with a bigger turbo making more pressure . Now having a program in it that jacked up the fuel way to much now that's something plausible . But what do I know ? I only own a blown mustang and work on diesels for a living .

Also VORTECH FTW. They haven't been around forever for nothing.

@84Ttop @FoxMustangLvr @madspeed need crunch wrap supremes nowwwwwwwww

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
according to this guy you can grind that casting iron extract off and the air will glide over the walls

Please understand this, if you get nothing more from this website -

YOU ARE NOT DISAGREEING WITH ME, YOU ARE DISAGREEING WITH THE LAWS OF FLUID DYNAMICS AND PHYSICS.

If I can't get that point to sink in, and you continue to rebut fact with videos from the youtubes, you've got no business working on anything with moving parts.

If I can't get that point to sink in, and you continue to rebut fact with videos from the youtubes, you've got no business working on anything with moving parts.

I've come to the conclusion that trying to keep that type of individual from molesting things with moving parts is as hopeless as trying to get "liberals" to stop reproducing..

Reactions: 2 users
B cam video makes any day better.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

ALL HAIL THE ALL MIGHTY B CAM!!!!
@mikestang63 can we get the video?
That is all, carry on
ry7te.jpg

Reactions: 1 user