Compucar kit for 99-03GT

JC03GT

Dec 13, 2003
Monroe,GA
Anyone running a Compucar wet kit on a 99-03GT? Whats the pro and cons? What are your times differences with and without nitrous? Also need the part number of the kit to get for my 03GT

Also, will I need to retard the timing for 125 shot or leave it at the stock 10* postion? Another question is where is the best place to get the kit?(cheapest price)

• Sponsors (?)

The 4.6 kit is universal, as it is a wet shot. It draws fuel from the test port on the fuel rail.. I have the same kit and jetted at 125hp, I ran 12.83 at 110 on all stock '03 GT....stock ZR45's, stock cats, mufflers, gears, springs! The wet shot is awesome. Dry shots feel like pansy crap. Wet shots are like F'n'F movie. Hit it and BAM! its gone.

Only problem is......heed my warning well......DO NOT run back to back runs using this. Let the car cool down. The intake traps a lot of fuel that does not get sucked through. I had a puddle of gas at the bottom of my intake. Also, the motor will not stop at 5800. Because the fuel is still coming from the nozzle, we sprayed up to 6500 on my motor, even after the injectors quit spraying. With the fuel puddling....mine backfired and blew the intake to smithereens. Well, the motor sucked in plastic, bent most the valves, destoryed the guides, busted two pistons, and chewed up the heads. Result, after five runs of Compucar, I just had a new 4.6 motor put in my car. Let the car sit, or run it without the nitrous to get the fuel out of the of the intake. No "safety" device will prevent this. The intake is made to spiral air, not fuel. The fuel coats everything instead, and then you have a nice bomb. It helps to have a T/A, and use a colder copper plug...I used Autolite 764's. Run it with 93 octane.

Best price....from Compucar direct. Call them and order it. The instructions are crappy compared to NOS, NX, etc. and the switch to activate it is something I wouldn't use. We used a NOS w.o.t. switch for mine. Compucar is a simple and highly effective kit. I paid $550 to get mine with a heater, gauge, and the kit itself. I added in relays and fuses like a NOS kit. Compucar just tells you to "hot" wire the thing. It is made for serious racing. You can even use the kit on a V-6 Mustang, as I sold my entire kit to a V-6 guy and he is turning high 13's right now. Good luck with your kit, and you won't regret having a wet shot. After having both, I will never use a dry shot again. I am saving to buy the NOSzle kit now.

That is the right part number. The kit will say it is for 4.6 and 5.0 EFI. Dry kits for 99-up have to have something like an FMU or boost-a-pump to make the injector add fuel, so they are expensive. The wet kit just takes it from the rail, puts it in the same nozzle as the nitrous, and off it goes. I went from 14.2's to high 12's like that with this kit.