Foxtoberfest 2023

• Sponsors (?)

Isn't that you at the 2:46 mark?
Matter of fact... Yep... that's my 3rd & fastest run, I believe. Thanks, man. Don't know how I missed it. Look at Black Jack go! For what it is, a car I bought back for $3,800 with a pretty standard E-cam + GT40 Heads and Intake, I'm damned proud of that car. Look at the dude next to me. He trapped 90 mph but still only ran an 8.50 ET to my 8.36. Sure, I red lighted... but the car did its part. I think it's got another 1/10th or 3 left in it with a couple of tricks like icing the intake, pulling the fan, and maybe a tad better clutch slip.

I've clipped that video to the relevant part:

View: https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxvIbH5LTRA6Yx2313nQPDirl5IosV-iAn

God bless, though.... damn thing still sounds like it's bogging a bit even though I was launching ~6k RPM. I'm tellin' ya folks, these guys out there running a 2.66 1st gear with 3.73s and taller rear gears are definitely giving up a lot off of the line. I've only got a 26" tire in this car. I had to argue with the Promotion performance guys as they resisted me going with a 2.98 1st gear in the black turbo car... They & the whole turbo community were telling me that taller gears are better for spool. They don't ask what rear tires you're running (28's in that car)... they just tell you to go for the tall gear. I call BS! The point of 1st gear is to get outta the hole & into the power band. 4k+ is where ya wanna be as quickly as possible to spool the turbo. Anyways, I digress... I just wish I had a shorter 1st gear in this car & in Grover. I think the Nitrous is going to help me out on the launch pretty soon, though.... maybe too much. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
@Kabuki_notch - Saw in your https://stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/back-in-a-fox-89gt.907809/page-5 thread that you recently posted...

.....then I went to Foxtoberfest....

I assume you weren't there with your car (based on your response to my query earlier in this thread). Myself, and probably @FastDriver (a turbo guy himself), would have liked to have crossed paths with you there. :cheers:

Oh well, maybe next year. Will touch base then. :SN:

Oh yea.... your car sounds like it's badass! :nice:

Reactions: 1 user
@Kabuki_notch - Saw in your https://stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/back-in-a-fox-89gt.907809/page-5 thread that you recently posted...

I assume you weren't there with your car (based on your response to my query earlier in this thread). Myself, and probably @FastDriver (a turbo guy himself), would have liked to have crossed paths with you there. :cheers:

Oh well, maybe next year. Will touch base then. :SN:

Oh yea.... your car sounds like it's badass! :nice:
I was there! I had a blast, my favorite night was at the brewery that Fiveoh Asylum hosted it was such a cool atmosphere with so many nice looking cars, i'm going to try and do Chocolate Fox this year if they have it, Foxtoberfest next year might be a possibility as my GF has family about 30mins from the track so its not far at all.