Good brakes for my GT 1995 5.0

They are ok. I prefer slotted over drilled. If this is just a street driven type of car and you aren't doing any serious open track racing, then they will be fine.

I used to say only stick with blank rotors and such, but unless you are a serious racer, it's not going to make a difference really. Get what you like.

• Sponsors (?)

They are ok. I prefer slotted over drilled. If this is just a street driven type of car and you aren't doing any serious open track racing, then they will be fine.

I used to say only stick with blank rotors and such, but unless you are a serious racer, it's not going to make a difference really. Get what you like.
gotcha man cool. Thanks for all the insight. I will just have to ponder which route I want to go. Not sure if I asked you already but for my application and motor and what I am going to do with the car, is it a must to go with 13 inch brakes at all? Read something while googling before to where guys just upgraded the pads and such but can't remember what hp and how they were going to use the car.

A guy I know that has a lot of mustang parts has some cobra fronts for $450 with spindles though I wouldn't need spindles he says that's how he sells as a completes and they are 94-98 brake setups. As for the rear he sells the whole Cobra rear end complete with brakes only.

BTW, nice avatar title lol. Where are those chicks :) :)

You don't necessarily need the 13" brakes.

If you went for the 99-04 brakes, you'd just need the calipers, with pads, brake lines, and change the MC to a 1993 Cobra 1" MC (no adapters needed for 94-95 GT)

You don't necessarily need the 13" brakes.

If you went for the 99-04 brakes, you'd just need the calipers, with pads, brake lines, and change the MC to a 1993 Cobra 1" MC (no adapters needed for 94-95 GT)
Yea I will probably just do the brakes last. I'll just repaint the calipers for now or get the caliper covers.

You are confusing me when you talk about the adapters lol. Well as far as I'll need them for which? If I went with the cobra setup from a cobra car? If I get say the SVE front setup from LMR?

It seems the 99-04 GT/v6 calipers are near the same front size as the 94-98's but just the calipers are dual? Makes for better stopping just in the difference in calipers?

You are confusing me when you talk about the adapters lol. Well as far as I'll need them for which? If I went with the cobra setup from a cobra car? If I get say the SVE front setup from LMR??

Rear brakes. If you buy the M-2300-M kit, you'll need to change the caliper brackets to the cobra style. $20 each or so.

It seems the 99-04 GT/v6 calipers are near the same front size as the 94-98's but just the calipers are dual? Makes for better stopping just in the difference in calipers?

Same size rotor. The difference is it's 2-piston, and a much larger pad area. You get much more clamping force out of those calipers.

I had them on my 2003GT and assure you they were good brakes. When I upgraded that car to 13" brakes (for looks mostly) it was only a minor improvement in braking power really.

Rear brakes. If you buy the M-2300-M kit, you'll need to change the caliper brackets to the cobra style. $20 each or so.

Same size rotor. The difference is it's 2-piston, and a much larger pad area. You get much more clamping force out of those calipers.

I had them on my 2003GT and assure you they were good brakes. When I upgraded that car to 13" brakes (for looks mostly) it was only a minor improvement in braking power really.
Oh ok gotcha. I'm going to check for pricing on those things you listed.
As for the rears, same concept of the 99-04's being better so just go with the 99-04 ones or not necessarily need to change the rears for what I'm doing?