GT500?

GDawg

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
Nevada
Okay, I thought the Cobra was being called a GT500... but I have seen a newer Mustang (05+) around town with a dual stripe down the top, trunk and hood with a decal running down the side that says "GT500"... It's got the GT emblem. It's got the running pony in the grill but it appears to be a GT. What's up with that? Did he put that on himself or is Ford producing GTs with the "GT500" decal on it?

Anyone that knows, I would like to know.

• Sponsors (?)

if you'd participate in more club events you would notice we have at least 2 Fobras. They are both really sexy. I know there are GT350 and GT500 decal kits out there since before the GT500 was even announced.

What you saw was some one making a tribute vehicle. Or some one thats gonna get offered 50k for a GT and rip off some idiot.

myponyrocks said:
if you'd participate in more club events you would notice we have at least 2 Fobras. They are both really sexy. I know there are GT350 and GT500 decal kits out there since before the GT500 was even announced.

What you saw was some one making a tribute vehicle. Or some one thats gonna get offered 50k for a GT and rip off some idiot.

I have to drive to and from Denver each day. Maybe if we actually had a meeting in the city I live in I might be more apt to be there.

not meetings goof, shows, racing etc... show this sunday btw... but its in wheatridge. Maybe take the car down to club clash next friday after we throw the blower on? Oh and I took next week and some of the following week off to help you, so stock your fridge up!

myponyrocks said:
not meetings goof, shows, racing etc... show this sunday btw... but its in wheatridge. Maybe take the car down to club clash next friday after we throw the blower on? Oh and I took next week and some of the following week off to help you, so stock your fridge up!

Dude, this car is not going to be up and running in one more week. I bought the WHOLE kit. I am barely half way through. And I don't rush nothing till I'm satisfied with each step. Also, don't take time off till you know what my schedule is. I barely have anytime for my girlfriend or my dog. The weekend of the 29th will be my most free weekend. Tomorrow I'm taking her kids camping so this weekend is shot. Next weekend I'm supposed to take them to Renaissance Festival... but the weekend after that would be great for you to come over. Week nights I usually have no more than three hours to spend with the dog, do chores, eat, relax a bit and put a little time into the car. Remember, I'm an old fart that has to get up at 4:00am each day to drive to Denver. I usually don't get back to the Springs till 5:30 - 6:00pm.

But if you can come over the weekend of the 29th, I'll buy the drink and some stuff to grill... :nice:

Btw, the blower is already on... I just have to extend wires, and install the intercooler (remove the front facia for that) along with the airbox and relocate some stuff.

HA! Like I'd take leave JUST to help you! j/k I would for beer, but I took leave just to burn it. I got free hands for a few days so ;)

back to topic, I think I saw a GT500 on a tractor trailer a few minutes ago.

myponyrocks said:
HA! Like I'd take leave JUST to help you! j/k I would for beer, but I took leave just to burn it. I got free hands for a few days so ;)

back to topic, I think I saw a GT500 on a tractor trailer a few minutes ago.

Just for that comment, I'm buying PBR for you!!! :D

If you can make it for the weekend of the 29th, pm me so I can plan on it.

Tribute cars are badass (check sig)

the C500 kit from cervenis for the 05's is basically is a clone of the 67 GT500-E kits adapted to a S197 body, and IMO the way Shelby should have made the 2007 GT500's. paint it DuPont Pepper Grey (#44490) with Metallic Black stripes(#44419) and you got yourself a Eleanor clone.

i like mine alot better. nobody makes an eleanor clone kit for a 99-04, so i made it up as i went along. the Roush S3 kit is almost like if you took the Eleanor Kit, and gave it a more edgy appearance for a 99-04. plus its side exhaust, just like the 67 GT500E's. then get some JMS / Ironman Custom 1/4 window CL2 panels to match the GT500E side scoops. then add some sort of rear lip wing(i wanted a 03/04 Cobra Lip, but the Saleen was cheaper and local) that is reminescent of the duckbill spoilers of the GT500's. i plan on finishing the look with a set of Gunmetal FR500's, which closely resemble the Cobra 340's or Eleanor Clone rims they use on the GT500E's from Unique Performance, but arent a total knockoff and have theyre own style. plus the knockoffs dont come in deep dish for the rear, and i want at least a 275(would love a 295/315) for the rear.