Hello from Czech Republic!

Hi guys!
So the time has come for me to finally introduce myself and my project to this forum (yeah, you've guessed it, it's because i need help). :))
I've bought my Foxbody a year and a half ago, It's been waiting in a barn for 5 years. Now it's laying rubber on the beautiful roads of southern Moravia and delivering both smiles and troubles and creating a black hole in my wallet, well, probably just like yours is. :))
As for mods, first thing after complete maintenance I've done was a exhaust system with long tube headers and custom X-pipe (kept the stock mufflers). Now I have the engine all over the place since I'm doing a carb conversion with Weiand Stealth intake and Pertronix ignition...the EFI just never run right and I'd like to teach myself a bit on the art of carb tuning. Also I've resurfaced, lapped the valves in and I'm gonna try to do some basic porting on the E7 heads. Yeah I'm on a student's budget so no aluminium heads for me now. Also I'm keeping the stock cam, sice i like it's torquey character.
It made 222hp/380nm on the dyno, i'd like to get somewhere in the 270hp range after the carb swap...i'm gonna post the numbers then.
So thats it for now. :)) Sorry for my crappy english.
IMG_20181231_151422.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Allright, thanks. So first thing i need help with - what's the correct diameter of a fuel pump eccentric?
Elaborate in this thread right here. I need quick info so i can order some parts with aprox. 2 week delivery time. Oh hell, how much I envy you your accesibility to parts...

WELCOME. Believe me. Your English is perfect compared to the generation my son is in. They have stopped teaching spelling in school because we all have spell check. REALLY!!!! Sorry I will move this to the rant thread.

Yes Beautiful car, Beautiful land, Show us more....

kiddiccarus: Well, It's the same here. Schools are simplifying the language more and more and It's slowly dying in neglect.
What more can I show you? :))
Maybe my daily car would interest you, It's something you've probably never seen in US. Ford Sierra. But you got a Merkur XR4ti which was the same chassis.
13548955_1770116259868795_1456231099_o.jpg

Photo0374.jpg

Ohhh the Mekur love/hate it. I had a 93 fox years back. I totaled it. Hit a low trailer that was being pulled by a dump truck. I would have that car still today if that dint happen. I was about to take out the 2.3 Lima and replace it with an engine out of a Merkur that was also totaled. Had everything ready to go then the accident happens.

so I am now interested in the Sierra actually, whats under the hood? Is it a 2.3T? if so what is the boost and how close does it come to the Merkur XR4ti.

Noobz: The EFI was a total mess. Stalling when cold, different idle every day, hunting for proper AFR at higher revs...and for no obvious reasons. (no vacuum leaks, new temp sensor, new oxygen sensors...). And I just want to learn to tune carb. Yeah, maybe I'm doing a mistake...we'll see.

kiddiccarus: There are actually few Merkurs imported from US here in Czech. My Sierra was made in Germany and it's a 2 liter DOHC engine. Very durable and economic. We had a turbo version, but not with 2.3 Lima engine - with a cosworth tweaked 2.0 Pinto. It was even more potent with 220hp.

Noobz: The EFI was a total mess. Stalling when cold, different idle every day, hunting for proper AFR at higher revs...and for no obvious reasons. (no vacuum leaks, new temp sensor, new oxygen sensors...). And I just want to learn to tune carb. Yeah, maybe I'm doing a mistake...we'll see.

I'm won't try to talk you out of it. Having wrenched on these cars for roughly 30 years I can tell you that all of those things are fixable and just as likely to happen in [any] fuel and induction system that is not in good working order.

Well it's a "nice weather" weekend car for me, it does not matter that much. And the climate throughout most of the year is nice here. No significant altitute changes either. I think it's gonna be fine :)... but I understand what you're saying.

Well...f*ck.
The good thing is, it's running great after the carb swap. The bad thing, you see...
Yeah...it could end up worse. Failed hood latch, RIP hood and sunroof. It's not so plesant when the glass shatters above your head.
WP_20190403_002.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user