How To Read Mileage On A Fox

• Sponsors (?)

Look at the title, there should be a last sale date and miles although it may say exempt. I can run the vin if you want pm me, I legally can not give you any previous owner info but it may give me miles at last registration.

usually when they roll over, that first digit is a little offset. That one looks straight. Could be 60k.

Have you done any carfax reports to see if anything was reported between 60-160k miles? Usually any registration or inspection generates a record

Nope. I haven't been willing to cough up 39 bucks lately since I'm a bit tight and I had to buy a replacement TV cable for the car, since the plastic clips holding the cable to the throttle body bracket were busted by one of the previous owners and is currently being held by zip ties. Also Carfax has a history making mistakes. https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/carfax_inacc.html
This is a very weird car. There are signs that the car has been messed with. Negative signs: loose intake manifold bolts; slightly loose front timing chain cover; might have a replacement water pump (no Ford stamp anywhere); explorer 5.0 intake plaque on the stock manifold; one of the old mufflers had a large chunk of catalytic converter brick lodged in the inlet (I made a thread regarding more air coming out of the driver's side tail pipe vs. the passenger side tail pipe); the offroad X pipe was once a catalytic equipped X pipe cause there are small sections of pipe welded where the cats used to be and there used to be a smog pump cross-over pipe. Also, the car did not have the original 91' mustang AOD transmission (it had a pre-89AOD in it as well as an 88' mustang gt junkyard driveshaft); it originally did not have the factory radiator and it has a replacement power-steering pump. Positive signs: the stock suspension and factory torque box show zero signs of abuse; the convertible body made zero noises while driving (even before the subframe connector installation); the factory mats and carpet look great; the pedals show hardly any wear (they don't look recently replaced either); the door lock and power window buttons still look great; the seats look great; the engine is super strong and quiet (with a stock aod and 2.73's it still broke traction at 1/2 throttle from a dead stop with good tires and a partially blocked exhaust); the factory steering wheel looks great with a few tiny spots from the sun beating on the leather steering wheel over the decades. The factory components in the engine compartment look nice and clean. It just seems that the car had been taken care of by someone who was not mechanically advanced, hence the messed up transmission cable and the old probably-fried AOD. Another wonderful thing that was done was that they used orange dexcool coolant. :cautious: So I did a good flush with regular water and got rid of the cheap plastic one row aluminum radiator, followed by swapping in a factory 2 row copper radiator that came from a 50,000 mile 5.0 LX convertible (I used the green coolant).

Last edited: