I think its time to give up :(

crazynorwegian

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
azusa, ca
I bought a set of mph 2.5 heads and vt stage 2 cams about a year ago, and still havent been able to put them in due to financial problems. I had high hopes for the stang but it was just too much money to get them installed and tuned. I was going to put them in myself but I cant be without a car for a week. so I'm going to let the stang stay the way it is. so if anyone wants a set of mph 2.5 heads and a pair of vt stage 2 n/a cams check out the classified section. I'm practically giving them away.

• Sponsors (?)

i would have bought them 8 months ago. sorry to hear this you would love them. maybe you should rethink this.

if you saved enough money to buy them then you can save enough for the install. good luck....i know how you feel im trying to save for a blower and a built engine plus install and tune. i have a long way to go.:nonono:

ADRENLN said:
i would have bought them 8 months ago. sorry to hear this you would love them. maybe you should rethink this.

if you saved enough money to buy them then you can save enough for the install. good luck....i know how you feel im trying to save for a blower and a built engine plus install and tune. i have a long way to go.:nonono:
Good luck on your quest for horsepower. :nice:
Heads and cams are a good bang for the buck.
Cheaper than a supercharger though.

crazynorwegian said:
I bought a set of mph 2.5 heads and vt stage 2 cams about a year ago, and still havent been able to put them in due to financial problems. I had high hopes for the stang but it was just too much money to get them installed and tuned. I was going to put them in myself but I cant be without a car for a week. so I'm going to let the stang stay the way it is. so if anyone wants a set of mph 2.5 heads and a pair of vt stage 2 n/a cams check out the classified section. I'm practically giving them away.
Let's just say if the cams were already installed on the heads ready to go,it should only take you the weekend to get them on.I can see if you were just installing the cams and valve springs that it would take the week,but you got heads,so get them ready,then take a weekend and install them.Start ripping apart on a friday night,then by sunday you should be done.Just a thought :shrug: . :)

Its not that hard to swap the heads...get a friend and a haynes manual and some basic tools and get to work. Its a weekend job at most even for a novice. Hardest part is the timing and their is a good write up on Mod Depot with pics.

Agree with most everyone here. You should re-think it, take your time. There's no rush, especially if you're considering ebay to sell. Take your time, make the right choice. If I were you, I would try to save, or borrow a car for a weekend, or maybe an extra day or two on top of that, and try to have a friend help. It's not easy, but it's not too too hard either, and man.....it's SOOOO worth it, you'd be very happy. Consider the fact that you have the parts!! That's usually the biggest obsticle, no need to rush!! GL!

:SNSign:

I would keep them man..I think about selling my car sometimes cuz stuff has been happing but once its all fixed its gonna be like new agian..But if i had a set of heads and cams i would just keep them till i can afford to have everything done..But like droptop said there is alot of good wirte ups and if you have another car u can drive while your car is down then have a buddy help you and get the stuff on the car..When you fire that thing up and its caming you'll have a big smile on your face..