Losing Power

Is there a such thing as losing power in a gear? Last night I noticed that when I dropped it to 2nd gear at a normal to high mph, it was acting like I had put it in 4th at a really low mph and had no power at all. Am I crazy or can this happen? What would cause it? Could it be transmission related? Help!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!
-Amy

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang_chic said:
Is there a such thing as losing power in a gear? Last night I noticed that when I dropped it to 2nd gear at a normal to high mph, it was acting like I had put it in 4th at a really low mph and had no power at all. Am I crazy or can this happen? What would cause it? Could it be transmission related? Help!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!
-Amy

5-speed or automatic? Speed limiter maybe? :shrug:

GoBabyVroommm said:
You might need a tune up. When i needed new wires for the stang i would drop it, it would scream then bogged<go now where>. I did a full tune up and the thing was up like a prom dress.

Like a prom dress??? that is hysterical!!! :rlaugh:

well, i have 75,000 miles on it and have never had my plugs changed. I guess I'll start there. Thanks!

NFCStang said:
Well...it's early on a Monday morning and the leg humpers have to get their weekly quota in :nice:

BTW...maybe plugs or wires. Maybe a fuel filter? Has that been changed lately?

It's a 2000, it's doesn't have wires. However, it does have 75,000 miles on it with the original plugs. I'm going to do that this week. The fuel filter was done about 2 months ago.

O its a 2000 durrr opps. Whos to say maybe she has a 96-98 mustang with a 2000 2v but shes using the 96 computer. So in a since she would have to use 2 coil pacs and wires to get the car running on all 8. My 99 4v wasn't coil on plug. LOL Ok but seriously check your plugs and coils out. At 75k you should change your plugs though.

NFCStang i love that avatar. Everytime i see one of those damn things I imagine flooring it and it saying "whoa". LOL

GoBabyVroommm said:
O its a 2000 durrr opps. Whos to say maybe she has a 96-98 mustang with a 2000 2v but shes using the 96 computer. So in a since she would have to use 2 coil pacs and wires to get the car running on all 8. My 99 4v wasn't coil on plug. LOL Ok but seriously check your plugs and coils out. At 75k you should change your plugs though.

NFCStang i love that avatar. Everytime i see one of those damn things I imagine flooring it and it saying "whoa". LOL

Off-Topic - I used to have a pic with a B-1 bomber passing one and it reading like 900 MPH. It was over the beach in Biloxi and water was spraying up. Pretty cool...it's good to have friends that are good with Photoshop

GoBabyVroommm said:

Not to sound retarded, but coils?? OK, explain....i'm learnig so break it down to "amy language". LOL :rlaugh: