Losing Power

Mustang_chic said:
GoBabyVroommm said:
O its a 2000 durrr opps. Whos to say maybe she has a 96-98 mustang with a 2000 2v but shes using the 96 computer. So in a since she would have to use 2 coil pacs and wires to get the car running on all 8. My 99 4v wasn't coil on plug. LOL Ok but seriously check your plugs and coils out. At 75k you should change your plugs though.

Not to sound retarded, but coils?? OK, explain....i'm learnig so break it down to "amy language". LOL :rlaugh:

Each plug has a coil on it. May want to make sure that they are all connected and good. May have had a coil go bad. Is it still doing it, or was it a one time thing?

Or...since you downshifted into 2nd from a med high speed, is it possible that the traction control kicked on? It would have some of the same symptoms.
Did it only do it for a sec or 2 and then the power came back on? That might be it.

• Sponsors (?)

NFCStang said:
Each plug has a coil on it. May want to make sure that they are all connected and good. May have had a coil go bad. Is it still doing it, or was it a one time thing?

Or...since you downshifted into 2nd from a med high speed, is it possible that the traction control kicked on? It would have some of the same symptoms.
Did it only do it for a sec or 2 and then the power came back on? That might be it.

My car doesnt have traction control. It did it a couple times on Saturday night but hasn't done it since. It still bothers me though. And for a while now it has just seemed like it's lost some power and is bogged down. I've also been having tranny problems and have 4th and 5th syncros going out. Thought maybe it was related, but I guess not. :)

Mustang_chic said:
My car doesnt have traction control. It did it a couple times on Saturday night but hasn't done it since. It still bothers me though. And for a while now it has just seemed like it's lost some power and is bogged down. I've also been having tranny problems and have 4th and 5th syncros going out. Thought maybe it was related, but I guess not. :)

I thought all the 99+ had T/C...

NFCStang said:
Hmmmm....didn't know it came as an option. I think I remember that the 99-00 had the control behind the shifter by the arm rest and cup holders. 01 they moved it to the dash in front of the shifter. Am I an idiot?

I would still check the coils. Have the trans checked as well....

I'm not calling you an idiot, but i can assure you that my car does not have traction control. :D

Hey Mustang Chic, i have the same exhaust setup as you, just an O/R Bassani X-Pipe instead of a catted one. Im having cats welded in in about a week. Just wanted to know if your exhaust is still pretty loud and does it scream at WOT?
If the cats drop the sound too much, im gonna pick up some Dynomax Race Bullets. :D

HoustonGT said:
Hey Mustang Chic, i have the same exhaust setup as you, just an O/R Bassani X-Pipe instead of a catted one. Im having cats welded in in about a week. Just wanted to know if your exhaust is still pretty loud and does it scream at WOT?
If the cats drop the sound too much, im gonna pick up some Dynomax Race Bullets. :D

I'm very pleased with the sound. It's loud and rumbles, but not the point where it sounds "dirty".. I get lots of attention and compliments.

where in houston are you located?? I'm in Clear Lake

Mustang_chic said:
I'm very pleased with the sound. It's loud and rumbles, but not the point where it sounds "dirty".. I get lots of attention and compliments.

where in houston are you located?? I'm in Clear Lake

I live out around Katy. Where have you gotten all the work on your car done? The only 2 places i know of are Houston Performance and Strictly Performance.

I am but i never visit the website for some reason. I raced a Black 2000Gt w/dumps on New Years eve from WSM. He told me to check out the website. I see them every Saturday night in a parking lot when im heading home from work. Ever been over to one of their gatherings on Fry Rd?

HoustonGT said:
I am but i never visit the website for some reason. I raced a Black 2000Gt w/dumps on New Years eve from WSM. He told me to check out the website. I see them every Saturday night in a parking lot when im heading home from work. Ever been over to one of their gatherings on Fry Rd?

yes, pretty often. I also attend the gatherings at tc (taco cabana on westheimer) on wednesday nights. you should try and make one. you'll have fun and meet lots of good mustang peeps... which is always a good thing. :p

Mustang_chic said:

That sounds like your fuel filter is partly clogged or maybe a kink in the fuel line. What you felt may have been the result of your fuel pressure dropping off and making the engine lean out due to fuel starvation. :shrug: