Build Thread My 1986 T-top Build - Lasting Memories

• Sponsors (?)

I took the dash supports and the pedal assembly out to clean and paint.

I'm thinking I'm going to get those parts powder coated like @RacEoHolic330 did. There's a powder coating company around the corner from my shop. Hey Scott, how much did it cost to get your parts coated?

Here's some pictures of the disassembled mess:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

I'm thinking I'm going to get those parts powder coated like @RacEoHolic330 did. There's a powder coating company around the corner from my shop. Hey Scott, how much did it cost to get your parts coated?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Don't you LOVE wiring. :stick:

Reactions: 1 user
Dave, not to hijack but at the local LKQ today I ran across an 85 Capri 5.0 hatch . It was gutted but still had the nose intact as well as the unique rear tails and bumper I grabbed the halo headrests- they are a little rough but are very hard to come by.. Made me very sad to see it there......

Attachments

• 20160702_154214.jpg
    20160702_154214.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: 1 users
Dave, not to hijack but at the local LKQ today I ran across an 85 Capri 5.0 hatch . It was gutted but still had the nose intact as well as the unique rear tails and bumper I grabbed the halo headrests- they are a little rough but are very hard to come by.. Made me very sad to see it there......
How much did you pay?

A Capri would be a neat thing too. If I had room for more, I would have loved that '81 t-top that's at the salvage I got my '83 from.

A gutted one is a good thing to me, less work tearing it down.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Are you freakin' kidding me??!!!.

Those parts,...(the rusty ones) have been rusty for what now,..........26 years?...

And they've been just fine sitting there in their ferrous oxide state. neither rusting anymore, nor degrading in the slightest.

Sitting there,....in the dark,.......out of sight,.....never to be judged by anybody,....ever.

It's one thing to want to paint that junk, but now you want to powdercoat it?

Here,...here's a link to the special adapters you'll need to finance that, and any future endeavors with the powder coater::

http//www. Scottspantspocketextension.com

A great website. They sell these really nifty sew in extensions that will allow you to extend your front pockets in any pair of pants so you'll be able to keep all of your cash on hand w/o a noticeable "bulge" from the wadded or rolled up Ben Franklins you'll need when you start powder coating stuff.

It's one thing to do that to either high wear, or high visibility small parts, but those pieces of under dash managerie,......

What.....

The.........

F.........uuuu...ccccc....kkkkkk??????

Reactions: 4 users
Are you freakin' kidding me??!!!.

Those parts,...(the rusty ones) have been rusty for what now,..........26 years?...

And they've been just fine sitting there in their ferrous oxide state. neither rusting anymore, nor degrading in the slightest.

Sitting there,....in the dark,.......out of sight,.....never to be judged by anybody,....ever.

It's one thing to want to paint that junk, but now you want to powdercoat it?

Here,...here's a link to the special adapters you'll need to finance that, and any future endeavors with the powder coater::

http//www. Scottspantspocketextension.com

A great website. They sell these really nifty sew in extensions that will allow you to extend your front pockets in any pair of pants so you'll be able to keep all of your cash on hand w/o a noticeable "bulge" from the wadded or rolled up Ben Franklins you'll need when you start powder coating stuff.

It's one thing to do that to either high wear, or high visibility small parts, but those pieces of under dash managerie,......

What.....

The.........

F.........uuuu...ccccc....kkkkkk??????
Little do you know, Mike. There are nights I go into my garage, extend the seat back all the way and lay under the dash like I'm going to replace the clutch quadrant. Yet, all I do is admire my beautiful gloss black dash mount and pedal box.

Nobody may know if Dave puts those rusty parts back under the dash, but Dave will know. And I will know now too..

Reactions: 5 users
Little do you know, Mike. There are nights I go into my garage, extend the seat back all the way and lay under the dash like I'm going to replace the clutch quadrant. Yet, all I do is admire my beautiful gloss black dash mount and pedal box.

Nobody may know if Dave puts those rusty parts back under the dash, but Dave will know. And I will know now too..

I will know,.....You both are crazy.

Reactions: 2 users
I will know,.....You both are crazy.
Yep, crazy as a hell Mike, and I'm coming to your house......:zombie:

Would you rather have someone that doesn't worry about the little sht paint your car?

Admit it, you're getting a kick out of this because you know I'll be equally nutsoid about the monster when I come paint it.:chin

Yep, crazy as a hell Mike, and I'm coming to your house......:zombie:

Would you rather have someone that doesn't worry about the little sht paint your car?

Admit it, you're getting a kick out of this because you know I'll be equally nutsoid about the monster when I come paint it.:chin
Couldn't actually ask for a better situation if I had a choice.
brian-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: 3 users