Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

I just had my aeromotive 340a melt down in the tank 2 weeks ago, just quit working outta no where, its all set up right.
The top of the pump looked like molten lava in places, its vented and theres no vapor pressure build up when you open the cap, replaced it with the newer 11540 340a, suppose to be better with ethanol based gas or e85. Now Im wondering if aeromotive pumps are a concern or if theres a return line issue, but no excessive tank vapor pressure makes me think thats not it... Sent the faulty pump back to see what aeromotive thinks caused it, will keep you posted, oh and Im using their return regulator too...

Last edited:
I just had my aeromotive 340a melt down in the tank 2 weeks ago, just quit working outta no where, its all set up right.
The top of the pump looked like molten lava in places, its vented and theres no vapor pressure build up when you open the cap, replaced it with the newer 11540 340a, suppose to be better with ethanol based gas or e85. Now Im wondering if aeromotive pumps are a concern or if theres a return line issue, but no excessive tank vapor pressure makes me think thats not it... Sent the faulty pump back to see what aeromotive thinks caused it, will keep you posted, oh and Im using their return regulator too...
That's insane ! I never had an issue with my 340 . I'm waiting for a reply from tech still

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Just saw the foxcast post too, congrats on the feature man. I didn't know it was a 363, she's punched out!
Yes sir . Thanks buddy . Big bore block . Ready for a real blower one day .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 users
Have you pulled the 1000a yet? After I checked all the relay's points it led to the pump, so I took it back to my buddy's shop. and we pulled the tank, I called aeromotive and they were really nice, said even though the pump was over a year old ( not much over and mainly in the box waiting install) if it was a pump issue the replacement was on them - Im more interested to hear WHY it happened.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you pulled the 1000a yet? After I checked all the relay's points it led to the pump, so I took it back to my buddy's shop. and we pulled the tank, I called aeromotive and they were really nice, said even though the pump was over a year old ( not much over and mainly in the box waiting install) if it was a pump issue the replacement was on them - Im more interested to hear WHY it happened.
No but I did run the car yesterday all seems normal . Checked pressure cold and then hot after a ride . Ramped it up into boost and it went rich as it should With no hiccup . I spoke to aeromotive today on the phone followed by my usual call to Nick .

They believe it's possible the external filter is plugged especially being a new fuel system that's now a year old without ever removing the filter coupled by the extremely unusual heat with a long ride causing the vapor lock . Aeromotive said clean the filter and I should be good to go . If the filter is not trashed then the pump comes out and goes to them . Worst case is 210 bucks to fix it . I'll take that over 687 for a new pump . Nick and I both agreed this all seemed logical .

Reactions: 1 user
Mine did that once originally, and then it just "died" after a 30 minute run when I shut it off in my drive....

Did you actually have vapor lock? Was there allot of vapor pressure when you opened the cap?

Just saying be careful, sounds like exact path mine took

Good idea on the filter!

Mine did that once originally, and then it just "died" after a 30 minute run when I shut it off in my drive....

Did you actually have vapor lock? Was there allot of vapor pressure when you opened the cap?

Just saying be careful, sounds like exact path mine took

Good idea on the filter!

I never checked it where the car was doing it I checked it after I let it cool and drove t back to my garage so there wasn't any pressure. It was super heating the fuel and turning it into vapor because of the heat in the rails .

To answer it though I usually get some pressure when I open the fuel cap yes .

Cool, I called aeromotive, they just got the pump so havent looked at it yet, Ill let you know what they say,

Other than the filter, did they advise anything else?

I know my setup is typical tho...

Hope the filter does the trick for you!

Cool, I called aeromotive, they just got the pump so havent looked at it yet, Ill let you know what they say,

Other than the filter, did they advise anything else?

I know my setup is typical tho...

Hope the filter does the trick for you!
That was really it besides what I had covered with checking fuel pressure and stuff which seems up to par and reacts how it should . Filter wasn't terrible . I cleaned it . I will deff replace it soon . I was happy to not find the whole fuel pump in there lmao !

Reactions: 1 users
So it went 1.6 60s consistent . Leaving at 5500 it went 1.66 60

11.12 at 126.4 . Still wants more shift rpm and launch but we're making moves

Edit - Oh and all this at 3500 pounds with me in it , the sub still in the trunk, , sway bars hooked up, my tools and prob too much fuel in the tank..

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
f98fcf8e03d7af953e9896175b1fa912.jpg

Reactions: 6 users