my notch vs. 96 cobra

1800 hp? :eek: r u kidding me? i was told those blocks would crack close to 700...wow...i had no idea
The Teksid? No, they are very very strong. There is a stronger one now and I will try and remember who makes it but it was on Horse Power a couple months ago. Its a popular name though and I am sure someone on here knows who it is. It was the engine built for project Alter Ego and it made 471 hp on a Teksid with 03/04 heads N/A. Anyway he talks about how much power they can handle and that he has a new block they make (still 4.6 aluminum) thats good for over 2000 hp :eek:
But the 96-98s were stout. Rods/pistons good for 450ish at the wheels, crank good for 1200 and block good for 1500-1800 (Ive heard variances).
Gotta remember where the origins of that block are. It comes form the same place that makes Ferrari engines. The mixture of the metal in the engines is a secret. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

is it really a secret or just something that you are aware of and won't share? :rolleyes:
No, they wont say :( I think its a high nickle content or something. :shrug:

And no problem on the Cobra help. The one thats $4500 is the one I am keeping under my hat as I hope to buy it in the next week or two and its such a good deal that it will prolly be bought out from under me anyway. :(

yeah, understandable i mean i would feel bad drivin around in ur future car :D and i know the feeling of waiting and having something bought out from under you...or trades falling through. seems like every guy with a 96,7,8 cobra who has "want to trade for notch" agrees to and then says they wanna keep their cobra. and its not like a have a beater, a 69xxx mile notch in good condition w leather saleen seats n black interior...just dont get it. :nonono::scratch::fuss:

Rob, you know I wasnt serious when I called you stupid :rlaugh:
I did forget to add the shop price for the honing. IDK how much that costs but I know the rods and pistons can be had for just under a grand.

As far as the power, if you took everything I said about the Cobra engine and use the same blower you are talking about then the Cobra engine is gonna cap at 1200 hp. The block can handle to 1800 but the crank is only good for 1200 hp. :shrug:
But can a 2 bolt main 351 punched to a 408 handle 1500hp? Thats impressive and I had no idea. I figured they would split around 1000 since a 302 stock block splits at 500ish. :shrug:

As far as a 10 second quarter it takes just over 400 rwhp on one with a drag suspension. Full weight Termis take over 500 rwhp to do it but they nudge 2-tons :ack:
My old 03 Termi Vert had 453 rwhp and my best time was 11.48 on drag radials. They wouldnt let me run any more though. :(

You know I was just having fun. I saw no insult.
Keep in mind, it's rods and pistons, hone cylinders AND balance rotating assembly. Keep in mind as we bench race engines we don't have that neither of us are talking about torque.
The teskid is a killer block, but I suspect there is another reason besides cost it's not in the 03-04 cobra.
On paper, it takes just over 400 hp to run a 10. In reality, 1 out of 50 of us on here(not me) could do it. I know quite a few people with full weight termis over 500 hp in the 11's.. For that matter, I know a few supras well over 500 hp in the 11's..
Also, the track makes a difference. If I were inclined to post my times with the new motor since I have a different sn than on any of my local boards, best believe I'd go to Atco. That's a almost guaranteed 2 tenths over etown.

if the teksid isnt in the 03-04, what is?
The 03/04 has an iron block. They believed at the time that the iron block was stonger, turns out they were wrong and the Termis could have been even bigger bad asses had they used the block. Of course that block was not being made anymore and even though SVT clains it was not cost I am sure that had alot to do with it. Ford had to pay $300 more per engine just to have the better rods, I am sure they didnt want to add another $100 to that for the other block. :shrug:

alright understandable i guess. i just thought that since they named it the terminator as in terminating any comparison between an ls1 and a mustang, it would be ultimate, even though they still run like raped apes

ok once again i am left feeling like a 12 year old in a classroom, but what does IMRC stand for?
Intake Manifold Runner Control. The intake has 16 runners to feed the heads and at lower RPM the long runners are open to create a ram air effect and increade power below 3200 RPM. After 3200 the short runners open up to help it breath better at higher RPM so she can swing to 7K with ease. :nice:

Nice. will you suffer some serious low end loss though by having the IMRC delete?
The only two times you should ever delete it is if you are putting a twin screw on it or a pair of "C" heads and a blower. You do not want to delete them, when people do that I just shake my head cause it makes no sense. :nonono:

ok, because somebody had mentioned it to me before as one of the first mods to do to a cobra...but i couldnt argue with then because i didnt know what IMRC was lol
Yeah cause its worth giving up some low end torque so you can have no more power up top..... wait, that aint right. :rlaugh: