Need a New Plan

DocG

5th graders > me. They're not bant
Sep 25, 2005
Cincinnati area
Man oh man I miss some horsepower. Help me with some advice guys.

Should I work towards buying a 01-02 GT with decent mileage.

How bout trying to find a wrecked 4.6 and building a Factory Five Cobra

How bout buying a 5.0 in running order, playing with it for awhile, then tearing it up to build a Factory Five Cobra

Wait and buy a new GT, or Challenger or something like that.

HELP! It may be a year or so before I can get started on any of these ideas, but I need something to look forward to! I'm driving a Hyundai!

• Sponsors (?)

I'd go foxbody and then build a FFR cobra. Although if you hack up a good condition foxbody 5.0 for it I might have to drive up there and pay you a lil visit.

How about this option. Pick up a 96-98 cobra. I know they can be picked up in this area for around 6-8k, granted mileage might be a tad high most were drivers. But you have alot better foundation to build off of.

4v LT's xpipe and magnapacks.. :drool:

Should I work towards buying a 01-02 GT with decent mileage. 10-14K

How bout trying to find a wrecked 4.6 and building a Factory Five Cobra 35-42K

How bout buying a 5.0 in running order, playing with it for awhile, then tearing it up to build a Factory Five Cobra 37-45K

Wait and buy a new GT, or Challenger or something like that 28-40k

Looking at the money, seems like 01-02GT is the way to go
#2 would be 03-04Cobra 24-28k
#3 GT/Challenger

I never really wanted to leave. Just wasn't dedicated to my lemon yellow stang enough to endure its engine problems...maybe its cuz I never really liked the yellow color all that much.

Money is an issue right now, but I could do a straight trade from my Hyundai to an 02'ish stang I'm sure. I just really want to keep this Hyundai until its paid off to have it as my DD, and since I'll have it from new, I'll know what I got in it.

And as much as I love the 03/04 Cobra's, for the money I'd build my Factory Five....which would be even faster and more kickass.

You being in Cinci, go check out Superformance that is in Ross Ohio. Its hands down a MUCH better and more correct replicar than the FFR. The FFR is imo the cheapo kit which is why it sells so many. My buddies dad is doing a FFR kit and its nice, but not on the level of Superformance.

You will have more $$ in a superformance but its already complete when you buy it except for engine and trans.