need some help with the blower

manny

Founding Member
Dec 5, 2001
TAMPA FL
ok i just got the blower in and drove it for a week now but its almost like the powers not there i mean only twice have i put it to the floor. do any of you guys know to foix this problem

• Sponsors (?)

SAY GO said:
can you get any less specific please?

:stupid:

No kidding. How about listing the blower, your ENTIRE mod list, any kit accessories, what injectors, blah blah blah, and giving a complete description of the problem. What's it doing, what's it not doing, what do you think it SHOULD be doing.

ok the list

motor:vortech v1-sctrim,Mass Air meter Conversion,19 pound injectors; Smog Pump Eliminator;bbk shortys and off road x and slp cat back

Drivetrain:all stock only thing is the tranny has a trans go shift kit

Suspension:steeda lowering springs

rearend:stock

the problem is i thought that going from a stock setup to a supercharger there would be a good power gain but it feels like when i punch it its like there is no boost its like im still run my stock setup

Gears would make a huge difference for starters. You have to get into boost with a centri blower and with 2.73's, which is what i assume you have, its going to take you longer to get there. Get yourself a fuel/boost gauge set-up so you have a better idea of whats going on.

leaks? are you seeing ANY boost? you DO have a boost guage dont you? is your mass air tuned right? are there any vaccum leaks? how long were you in the pedal for? it does take time to build boost.

Your first step would be to get teh gauges mentioned by the others above. It will go a LONG way in helping you to determine what is going on with the super charger. If you're running a bypass valve, perhaps it is not closing like it should. Any guesses on our part with such little information would just be wild ones.

get it tuned, if you don't you could blow your whole engine at any moment. probably should be good to install the gauges first so you know what is going on during the tune.

89Notch said:
get it tuned, if you don't you could blow your whole engine at any moment. probably should be good to install the gauges first so you know what is going on during the tune.
Aggreed. If you diddnt have it inatalled at a shop that knows what there doing, get it checked out right away. With your motor being mostly stock, too much boost or the car not having a good safe tune, could spell disaster. You should DEFINATLEY see a big difference when you stomp on the gas. If you have to wonder if you have more power than you did before, then something aint right. Get a boost gauge for sure. On my Bullitt i got it a week after the blower was installed, you should have it installed at the same time it will tell you alot of whats going on

Aaron'S'tang said:
19lb injectors, isn't it starving???
good point, when i put the blower in it came with the injectors, fuel pump ...etc.., the guy did the whole package, mapped, tuned, dyno, the whole nine yards. Manny, did you but this blower off of someone used, of did you just order a unit seperatley? Idont pretend to be a wrench by any means, thats why i say that if you diddnt have a shop that does this type of work on cars do it for you, get to one and let em check it out. Blowers arent cheap, and neither are engines for that matter! Protect your investment!