New to this forum 18 yrs old trynna learn

breakout box.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

That would be easier than using bifocals to count pins. The tests can be done with a good meter and leads, but for a tech where time = $$$, it could have paid for itself back in the 90’s.

Reactions: 1 user
The breakout box
Used just for the ignorant chit
There were different inlays for different cars doing different tests and it was a head scratcher at times
Taught us to just back probe the sensor connectors and processor to essentially test the same circuit
If you have a TP sensor code, I am damn sure not hooking up the box to test it
But that is Fords way. Install breakout box and measure the vref and signal return
1996 and newer the box has 105 pins instead of 60 (EEC5)

recently turned 18 last December with a 92 foxbody bought it in cash at 17 no help from my parents kinda proud of that. I was told this is the best place to learn about my car
Nicely done. I approve of anyone who buys their first car cash. No bills? No problems. Rite of passage.

Best mod per dollar is always seat time. Get comfy in your car and learn to handle it as is, then build from there.

Reactions: 2 users
recently turned 18 last December with a 92 foxbody bought it in cash at 17 no help from my parents kinda proud of that. I was told this is the best place to learn about my car
I just bought myself a 97 cobra in cash today at 19. Nice to meet you hoping this place is good for learning about my car too

Reactions: 1 users
The breakout box
Used just for the ignorant chit
There were different inlays for different cars doing different tests and it was a head scratcher at times
Taught us to just back probe the sensor connectors and processor to essentially test the same circuit
If you have a TP sensor code, I am damn sure not hooking up the box to test it
But that is Fords way. Install breakout box and measure the vref and signal return
1996 and newer the box has 105 pins instead of 60 (EEC5)
not like I was actually going to use it SMH :cautious: