O2 Harness

• Sponsors (?)

Currently I do not no the year of the harness in the car. It was modified to fit the 93 body harness, was done by someone else. I believe it was an 89 if I remember correctly.

That muddies things up a tad, as if you are unsure of the year of the harness, wire colors and pinout may change slightly. Are there part numbers on some of the harnesses? Start with E9, F0, F1? or similar?

Definitely do not start the car yet without checking for voltage on pin 46.

Last edited:
I'll take better pictures tonight. Also after this is sorted out, and it is correct. Then I can just measure the voltage at pin 46 and that will provide indication if it is correct before starting the car?

Lack of voltage on pin 46, as well as running the engine codes and confirming you do not have a code 67, as you could pin the AUTO/Manual wire together rather than to the pin 30 NSS wire

Here is what I have
IMG_2544.JPG

IMG_2546.JPG

The car was a 4 cylinder and converted over. Then had a engine fire and well it got mended with another harness
That could be a mess. Is it possible for you to pull the 02 harness out and look for a part number? Or maybe match up the wire colors to a diagram? Maybe time consuming but not impossible to fix.
Didn't go back to look but did you buy it like this?

The messy part here is that you don't know what year harness you have, so wire colors may not matchup. I believe the pinouts are correct, but again, without knowing what you have, hard to say which to do.

Do you know if the transmission harness has the plug for the NGS on top of the t5, and is that hooked up.

I might try this. Any way to test continuity from pin 30 at ecu to one of the three wires in question? You may need clutch in or t5 in nuetral (if the NGS is hooked up) to do this. If you get continuity on one wore, that's you pin 30 wire. Then it's a matter of which one to pin to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The messy part here is that you don't know what year harness you have, so wire colors may not matchup. I believe the pinouts are correct, but again, without knowing what you have, hard to say which to do.

Do you know if the transmission harness has the plug for the NGS on top of the t5, and is that hooked up.

I might try this. Any way to test continuity from pin 30 at ecu to one of the three wires in question? You may need clutch in or t5 in nuetral (if the NGS is hooked up) to do this. If you get continuity on one wore, that's you pin 30 wire. Then it's a matter of which one to pin to.

NGS? Bare with me on acronyms. I know the only thing plugged in is the speedo cable.

NGS? Bare with me on acronyms. I know the only thing plugged in is the speedo cable.

Nuetral gear selector. It tells the ecu the car is in gear or nuetral. There's a switch on the t5 top cover, and one at the clutch pedal. They are wired in parallel and if open, you get a permanent code 67 and can't run engine codes

Nuetral gear selector. It tells the ecu the car is in gear or nuetral. There's a switch on the t5 top cover, and one at the clutch pedal. They are wired in parallel and if open, you get a permanent code 67 and can't run engine codes

Before I took the O2 sensor harness off, the only codes I had were EGR regulator, no 67