O2 Harness

• Sponsors (?)

@Mustang5L5 and @liljoe07 I should get no power or 12v at 46 when the key is on correct?

IMG_2750.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_2760.JPG

I think I had my orientation wrong. I got .01-.04 with key on and key on clutch in. Cranking it jumped to .40 volts. Shouldn't this be zero

That small amount of volts is not an issue. You are good to go.

Well when I took around the block it threw a 67 code. It bucked, then went like a BOH. Light went off. Came to a stop idle fluctuates CEL. Ran the codes and got 67.

Is there a picture of the where NGS is on the trans?

a1cdf42dd52606078479790458643bb5.jpg

Pass side. Top pigtail.

It's wired in parallel with the one on the clutch switch.

Try running codes with clutch pedal in the entire time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
a1cdf42dd52606078479790458643bb5.jpg

Pass side. Top pigtail.

It's wired in parallel with the one on the clutch switch.

Try running codes with clutch pedal in the entire time.

I had the clutch in and a/c off and ran them twice bc I thought I had the a/c on.

What issues does the NGS cause left unhooked?

I find it odd my car idle fine before and had ability to run codes but after the jumper it idles a lil rough , can't run codes, and drives better.

Back to the drawing board

Idle quality and inability to run codes.

I would probably suspect the jumper is incorrect. I'll have to revisit in the am once I'm on a PC vs phone

So it wouldn't run with a3m but ran fine with a9l?

Idle quality and inability to run codes.

I would probably suspect the jumper is incorrect. I'll have to revisit in the am once I'm on a PC vs phone

So it wouldn't run with a3m but ran fine with a9l?

I honestly didn't see the last part of that, I only ran the A9L around the block. I can try the A3M tonight.

Before it ran worse with the A3M, so I didn't even try it. .

I honestly didn't see the last part of that, I only ran the A9L around the block. I can try the A3M tonight.

Before it ran worse with the A3M, so I didn't even try it. .

I don't think it's going to make a difference. I wonder if the trace on the A3M is burned since oyu ran the auto O2 harness with it.

When you have some time, open it up and follow pin 46 back to this trace and see if it looks burned.
mustangcomputer001circle.jpg

I don't think it's going to make a difference. I wonder if the trace on the A3M is burned since oyu ran the auto O2 harness with it.

When you have some time, open it up and follow pin 46 back to this trace and see if it looks burned.
mustangcomputer001circle.jpg

Yeah I actually was about to get to that point. Would a trace starting to fail (burn) cause it to have intermittent or would it just not run at all?

So in your case, are you sure your engine harness is a 92-93 harness? Reason I ask is the pinout did change depending on years. From 89-90, the 5-spd harness was pinned with the top wire moved over 1 spot to the location circled.

o2harness0042.jpg

What color is the wire here on the opposite side?

No matter what we do here, always double check that pin 46 before plugging a computer in if you move an pins around. Clutch in, while cranking. There should be no voltage on pin 46.