Progress Thread Pearl To White - Paint Time

Anyone know where I can get the pigtail wire connectors for the door lock actuators? I'm looking to purchase new actuators to replace the aftermarket ones which were spliced in.

Also, can any of you provide me of a pic on how to correctly run that door harness? Not sure if some of those wires run inside the door or outside.

• Sponsors (?)

I just read the whole thread. What a story! The car is looking great!

This highlights the reason why I will never completely trust a body shop. I lived next to one as a teenager for a few years in the early '80's and saw a few of those shortcuts in person. All of the stories since have confirmed this distrust. There are a few good places out there and I have followed along with the documentation of several cars at K&K with a lot of interest.

I think that if my stang ever makes it to a body shop it will be completely stripped with no engine/trans, interior, trim, windows, lights, etc. Fenders, doors, trunk, and hood removed for easy bodywork / painting.

The less that the shop has to deal with the more focus can be placed onto the bodywork & paint and getting it turned around quickly.

Thanks. How about this wiring harness in the spoiler. It’s disconnected and not sure what connects to what. There is a lot of small stuff that needs to be done.

IMG_5465.jpeg

Thanks. How about this wiring harness in the spoiler. It’s disconnected and not sure what connects to what. There is a lot of small stuff that needs to be done.

IMG_5465.jpeg
Did you dig around in there for other ends of those connections? Rear defrost, and 3rd brake light, hatch sensor for dome light would be the only thing in the hatch. You should have a harness coming from the car like this:
IMG_8838.jpeg

I was curious, so I pulled the rubber plug that goes there to see what I had, and both of those plugs have the other ends of the connections right there.
My car is an ‘86, but the hatch is from a newer car…… but I know the wiring color changed from year to year anyway!
IMG_8840.jpeg

Last edited: