POLL! Get an 07 GT or a 65-70 Stang?

Buy an 07 or a Classic?

• Buy the 07 GT

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Buy a Classic

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

With my dad owning every year mustang from 65-70 and driving all of them, even though they were in great condition and fun to drive, id go with the 07 gt. Its fast, comfortable, you get all the luxurys. Unless your into the whole calssic car show or "I wish i never sold my mustang when i was 20" mode, go with the new car.

I voted for the 07. The only reason I could think of that I'd get rid of my Fox for another Stang is because I ran out of the time and motivation necessary to turn the wrenches on it. Go backward to an older car certain wouldn't help that situation. So becuase of that... I'd get one that was maintenance free. Your situation me of course, be different.

I would be keeping my 5.0 coupe which is my current daily driver regardless of which one get. If we got a classic it would be just for curisn and I would update the suspension and other components to make it safer. But the new ones have air bags and all that other safety stuff.

hummm this is going to be a tough decision to make...

ryan218 said:
no its not 1970 BOSS 302 4 SPEED :drool:

if you buy an 07 buy the gt500. think if how much it will be worth in 40 years.

look at what the olf 67 and 68 gt500 are selling for.

They wont carry the same value appreciation as the older classics...

In fact.. I doubt ANY newer car will EVER carry the same value as a classic.

Why? Well, classics are classics for a reason and its NOT JUST BECAUSE they got old :p You have to think of the History behind it and the times at which is was made.

IE: Big fins on the old 50's bel-air. Why? WWI and WWII ... fins were there to resemble fighter jets... and etc and etc. Its historical why that car has become what it is today.

Original gt500s.. they are the ORIGINALS not a crappy remake thats badged. Any newer car with the gt500 wont carry the same historical nostalgia as the originals.

We got nothing going on anymore thats pushing for new designs. We are just packaging older ideas as a new face. Nothing historical has pushed us to create what we are creating today. We are a bored generation.
Meh, I could be totally wrong... but I hope you see me point here.

As far as the post. It all depends. If I ALREADY had a decent daily driver Id get a classic. But, if I NEEDED a daily driver... it get the 07. simple as that.

I have to agree with poneypower(pony is spelled wrong, just noticed that lol) Another reason they might not be worth as much in 40 yrs is b/c ppl have the same mentality as you ryan in that they would keep them in such good condition thinking that they would be worth alot, but if there were so many 07-09 gt500s that were still in good cond. they wouldn't be worth as much. plus the production numbers are much larger, 10k+( ithink) a year, hardly rare