Rear Suspension Help

Great Info....and one point we may all have been thinking but not posting is MOST of us here think 1/4 mile, not corner carver.

We also look at how nice the front a-arms move and re-act...

MFE-Great Info and read....

• Sponsors (?)

I was misinformed, thanks for the response Gus! Can you respond about what you guys think about bind?FWIW- We've had those Steeda arms since around 98 I beleive, still look great ;) I dont see them listed or called out on your site any more?

Bind is a legitimate concern, our bushing design is in response to this and is meant to be the best compromise possible for street and occasional track use without introducing NVH into the vehicle. Its not perfect, but it was and still is an effective, practical solution that will have no noise or vibration and work very well for street use without a big increase in bind.

Its going to have a slight increase in bind compared to stock, and for 90% of the intended users it works great. Like Sharad said he didnt have a problem with bind on poly bushings, and most people won't have issues with a design like ours. However those intending serious track use and don't mind some or significant levels of NVH have other options, hence why we use our 5-link setup which changes the upper arm setup to go with the panhard bar used, plus there are arms with spherical rod ends as well. With our 5-link we typically use our weight jacker arms with a spherical on one end, poly on the other. That setup as worked really well for us.

If you look at the older study MFE posted, "In case 8 & 9 the Panhard bar defining a new lower roll center is forcing control arms to travel a new path of higher resistance." That is what happens with a panhard bar and stock location upper arms in place. Our 5-link system addresses this to prevent that very binding situation.