Rehashing The Re-hash

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
It seems that every so often I'll find reason to step up on my soap box and stand for something....

Today, It's a rehash of an already beat to death topic.

It came up over at FEP.

If there is ever an out of touch bunch of ostriches burying their heads in the sand, it's the owner, and the admin of that place.

I used to have a problem w/ a cross breed swap. I used to be a dyed in the wool "ford in a ford" kinda guy. Especially back in the early 90's, when the SBC/BBC was like a plague, and Mustang was getting absolutely raped as a recipient for a future transplant of 350-454 cubic inches of a high school drop outs' proof that he Larned somthin that did'n come from a damn book..

I understand why they did it though. A late model F body was heavy as hell, and the Malibu was even more so, but with the added aerodynamics of a brick.

It just made sense.

Now that LS has become the even more prolific replacement for those spark plug under the exhaust port, bust a nut tryin' to get to the distributor in the back SBC, they have become even more popular as a swap engine source.

I don't have to tell that to anybody here.

The history lesson within the message is that it's always been that way. It's the core of hotrodding. It's the law of physics......Sht goes faster when it doesn't have to lug around a bunch of other sht with it.

All through time, some dude is jamming some big assed engine into some tiny assed car in a quest to go fast(er). In the 40's and 50's Chevy, Pontiac, Cadillac, and hemi-Chrysler engines were jammed into 30's era "Shine haulers". In the 60's Shelby did it with a Cobra. Ford did it with a Sunbeam Alpine (Tiger), and none of those guys lost their sht everytime they had to see a big Ford engine in place of the ghey little 4 banger that used to be in the car when it was originally produced.

But let some redneck put an LS in a Mustang,.........:fight:

It's not even about the Mustang for the most part that motivates tonight's rant. It's this:

Dude on FEP starts a drag race build up.

He posts pics of the subject car:

The mega dorky 4 door Fairmont box top.

Strike 1 on the Who cares what he does with it-o-meter.

He states that he intends to build it up for drag week. He's turning a 4 door dork mobile into a full drag car.
He posts pics of the gutted interior, the 10pt cage, the lightweight K member, and the blue and black plastic Jazz racing buckets....

Strike 2.

Then dude makes a You tube vid and declares his intent to LS swap it.

Strike 3 , you're out.

Of FEP that is.

The real irony here is that for that one future drag car was converted to an LS engine, while 20 others got crushed with the 3.3 liter six banger still under the hood. And for that sacrilege, he got banned.

He looked like he could fabricate. He was planning a turbo build, He looked to be a competent welder, and he was loading the rest of the car with the typical fox body aftermarket junk that typically get's thrown on these cars.

Here's the rub.

Dude could offer the same "look what I did to solve that" updates that every other guy does when he participates in a web forum. Save for the engine, you'd see solutions to the 85% of the rest of the build up that could benefit every other Ford geek that cared to look in. So all of the tech that he could lend to now gone.

For those that didn't like what he was doing, they simply could exercise their option to ignore it,...but no,.....they cant have that kind of white trash filth trashin' up their back yards.

Get a rope......

Never mind that the advertisers that might sell something Ford related to ol dude will never get a chance now
( Cause they really don't care what engine is sitting on their K members now do they?)

But now that 4 doork Fairmont has to find a new place to post his pics...where maybe the advertisers will get a chance to sell him a set of Fox SF connectors, or Fox LCA's, or a Fox Brake system......or.....

Really,....what the hell difference does it make?

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Those dudes are intense. When I had my '85 GT T-Top I was asking about swapping from carb to F.I. I got a stern warning about not making changes to a 4 eyed car. I don't even go to that site anymore as they have no outside the box thinking at all. I agree with everything you wrote Mike.

Reactions: 1 users
Just to play devil's advocate here...

You can't have a website dedicated to one thing and one thing only; so much so that when someone brings in something 180° out of the norm that you say, "Not here, Jack." ??? Why not?

Sounds like a purist website trying to exercise their right to keep the content within a certain boundary if you ask me. (...even though you didn't. I'm gonna offer my opinion anyway because this is the internet.)

Reactions: 4 users
....guess I need an LS and one of em Chinaman turbos.

Seriously they are inconsistent, I seen people over there provide their opinions on "don't change carb to efi or efi to carb" :fuss: or change it to an aero nose or vice versa. However, when someone tubs, airbags, big wheels with a mod swap........they're like :rock:.

I'm over there like :leaving::shrug::bs:.

Which reminds I have a wrecks 85 I have been meaning to swap the nose (fenders, hood) on my aero fox.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. People who put LS motors in Mustangs are rednecks?

Yes

You can't have a website dedicated to one thing and one thing only; so much so that when someone brings in something 180° out of the norm that you say, "Not here, Jack." ??? Why not?

Sounds like a purist website trying to exercise their right to keep the content within a certain boundary if you ask me. (...even though you didn't. I'm gonna offer my opinion anyway because this is the internet.)

Because it's their forum. They started out dedicated to the preservation of 4-eyes and they've maintained that stand for as long as I can remember. Do they care that they don't have 10,000 followers and aren't a "pretty big deal on the internet"?

Not so much. Never got the idea that, this was their goal.

Yes

Because it's their forum. They started out dedicated to the preservation of 4-eyes and they've maintained that stand for as long as I can remember. Do they care that they don't have 10,000 followers and aren't a "pretty big deal on the internet"?

Not so much. Never got the idea that, this was their goal.
I think we said the same thing, I just wasn't as eloquent. But I agree.

Reactions: 1 user

Uhhhggg.... I can't tell you how many times my lawyer said that to me, then followed up with something I had already done, and told me what an awful move that was...

"Oh, you already paid all the bills... Well you didn't have to do that... now she doesn't have to"

"Oh you already got a new place.. Why aren't you staying at the old place until the very last second before the new owners take it over.."

:tard:
/derail

That place has always been like that. Always. I remember people getting attacked for doing noes swaps. That was in the 90's. God knows what it's like now.

I should join FEP and tell them I'm putting a 4 eye nose on my car then tell them I am ditching the 302 for the LS. Then see how long it takes to get bant:nice:.
download.jpg

I should join FEP and tell them I'm putting a 4 eye nose on my car then tell them I am ditching the 302 for the LS. Then see how long it takes to get bant:nice:.
download.jpg

Let me rephrase that... You don't have a hair on your arse if you don't!

Post a link!

Being an active member over there, and an active member over here must be like being married to a boring middle aged librarian, and having a hot stripper girlfriend on the side........ Not that I have ever done that (my wife is not a librarian):cool:

Being an active member over there, and an active member over here must be like being married to a boring middle aged librarian, and having a hot stripper girlfriend on the side........ Not that I have ever done that (my wife is not a librarian):cool:
Hear that @Noobz347 ? Did you just see what he called you?

Reactions: 1 user