Ultra noob question

jas142

Founding Member
Feb 11, 2002
Can someone with a 99+ please take a picture of their car's stock front swaybar? I want to make sure I know EXACTLY where it is and EXACTLY what to unbolt when I jack up the car and get under it. Also, I hear that they'll knock 1-2 tenths off... is it really THAT good of a mod? 1-2 tenths is the same you'd get from a catback exhaust :)

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry man, no digital camera here or I would. The best description I can give you is act like your changing your oil. Position yourself under the oil filter and then center yourself to the car. Look back about a foot and a half or so and youll see it bolted down there.
The bar is only around a foot and a half or two feet long as well I think.
Hope this helps.

Is it right in front of the first cats, and right between the back portion of the front 2 tires? Round shaped? Looks like its only held on by 2 bolts, right? Once those 2 bolts are removed, it'll come right off? Do you feel a BIG difference when you're launching or driving the car hard? (in a straight line)

Update: Got under the car, looks like I need a 15mm socket to take it off... looks like the best fit. Tried a 15mm wrench, but the bolts are too rusted on to budge.. need a ratchet bit, I'll pick it up tommorow. I'll let ya guys know if I feel any difference