V3 Almost!

• Sponsors (?)

1262 has a smaller port opening than the 1250. If the 1262 was on your car, then get the 1262S3. You want the steel core version, not the plain print o seal gasket. Make sure the surfaces are squeaky clean and dry..

Looks like the alignment on that gasket in post 232 is off, unless it's a trick of the perspective you'll never get both the water ports and air ports to not overhang.

Only rtv you should use doing these is on the front and back rails, a good thick bead along those walls from corner to corner. I use permatex black, but right stuff is really good :poo: too. One trick that ive done lately is to spray a little, thin layer of gasket adhesive on the head side of the gaskets, the s3 versions dont have the tabs that notch into the head gaskets, and this keeps them sliding around when installing (which they still can move slightly even with corner guide studs).

chuck- correct, typing too fast. 1250's are 1.2 x 2.0 and I think the 1262 are 1.2 x 2.1 . That's why I said for him to look at the ones he took off for the P/N
my gasket that is on there is a 1262 fel pro....i got the 1262s3 and its different,the waterports are bigger,but i do see the steel in it,the one i have it paper....im trying to post the pics and it not working

Attachments

• 76370DAB-8074-4C7F-9725-9B35AE12C7AA.jpg
    76370DAB-8074-4C7F-9725-9B35AE12C7AA.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 76370DAB-8074-4C7F-9725-9B35AE12C7AA.jpg
    76370DAB-8074-4C7F-9725-9B35AE12C7AA.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
The right stuff for the win ! And the I use it on the front and rear rails and water jackets . That's just me . Those other gaskets don't look healthy. Change the oil finish the gaskets and see what the deal is

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

the 1262 is what i had on there trimmed,these parts guys dont have a steel version of the 1262like the one i have,the gave me the 1262s3....the 1262s3 dosnt have the clips at the bottom to hold it and the water ports are bigger?...im not sure what to do??

The s3 is the one to use, trimming of the 1262 around that water jacket will just make ut fail again imo. It is odd though how it seems the port alignment is off. It needs to go forward just a tad, but then it looks like the gasket will partly cover the water port.

Like i mentioned a couple posts up, the lack of the interlocking tabs is why i spray a thin coat of gasket adhesive. Will let you put the gasket where you want it without putting in a slippery bulge that will make the gasket fail again.

The s3 is the one to use, trimming of the 1262 around that water jacket will just make ut fail again imo. It is odd though how it seems the port alignment is off. It needs to go forward just a tad, but then it looks like the gasket will partly cover the water port.

Like i mentioned a couple posts up, the lack of the interlocking tabs is why i spray a thin coat of gasket adhesive. Will let you put the gasket where you want it without putting in a slippery bulge that will make the gasket fail again.
ok...i guess ill use the s3 then,i was just concerned about the outer edge of the water jacket there,the old ones were rounder a bit and had more material,when i read about it before my blower ppl just said to trim it just like the engine builder did...i do want the metal version but all my searches only shows the s3 as the upgrade,guess this is it....these are afr 185 heads by the way

ok,after being all confused about the gaskets,from what i know now is the s3 is the style they come now in steel core,no more bolt holes to cut off,and no tabs....i appreciate the help guys,just wanted to make sure...ill bolt it back together [email protected] should have read your post more closley,i was battling a photobucket issue at the time lol....thanks