V3 Almost!

• Sponsors (?)

The right stuff . Permatex . Stuff is like God to silicones

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
Thats not the adhesive.

Permatex High Tack 80065 - Spray-A-Gasket™ Sealant | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Just spray a THIN layer on the head side, let it tack up, then put it on the head (with studs in the corner holes), let dry a bit more, and then slide intake over studs and torque in sequence about 3-4 time with 10-15 minutes between torque cycles.

Reactions: 1 users
Thats not the adhesive.

Permatex High Tack 80065 - Spray-A-Gasket[emoji769] Sealant | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Just spray a THIN layer on the head side, let it tack up, then put it on the head (with studs in the corner holes), let dry a bit more, and then slide intake over studs and torque in sequence about 3-4 time with 10-15 minutes between torque cycles.
My bad I wasn't reading correctly

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I just use a dab of the RTV/Right Stuff in the corners of the gasket to hold the gasket still and threaded rod in the corners to guide the installation of the lower manifold to prevent gasket slip.

Good luck!

edit: Don't forget thread sealant on the water jacket bolts.

Reactions: 1 user
I went to the speed shop that tuned my car to by some gaskets, since their the only ones around here that stock that kinda stuff if your lucky,i ended up talking to the "tuner",told him my findings,no change in color on rad test,leak down test held pressure,and 185psi on all cylinders,the second i said that,he said what?.....thats realy high?.....no wonder its pinging?!
I called him before i started,told him that i had a 331 stroker,10-1 with afr 185s(he tuned my car the first time he remembered) and if can i run this v3 that i got a good deal on with this set up,or wait and change it,he said no prob,its fine,asked you guys and a few people agreed also,so i bolted it up and brought it to him...

Now hes saying that my compression it really high for a sc?,and to put on my 6psi pulley,(wich i was going to do anyway),and hes going to have to take timing out?....wow....im speechless!

So the question is did he tune the thing with timing set as if it were a lower compression car thus all the pinging and stuff . This just keeps getting better

Reactions: 1 user
I went to the speed shop that tuned my car to by some gaskets, since their the only ones around here that stock that kinda stuff if your lucky,i ended up talking to the "tuner",told him my findings,no change in color on rad test,leak down test held pressure,and 185psi on all cylinders,the second i said that,he said what?.....thats realy high?.....no wonder its pinging?!
I called him before i started,told him that i had a 331 stroker,10-1 with afr 185s(he tuned my car the first time he remembered) and if can i run this v3 that i got a good deal on with this set up,or wait and change it,he said no prob,its fine,asked you guys and a few people agreed also,so i bolted it up and brought it to him...

Now hes saying that my compression it really high for a sc?,and to put on my 6psi pulley,(wich i was going to do anyway),and hes going to have to take timing out?....wow....im speechless!

The guy tuned your car last week and didn't know what compression your motor was? Did you get a copy of the timing,fuel, and AFR data? I'm curious to see what timing and fuel curve he mapped.

To answer your question, hell yeah you tune a 10:1 motor different than an 9:1 motor. I don't mean to be harsh, but I would not let that guy touch your car again.

X2 on getting a copy. I'd also probably be looking into a meth injection system. Sounds like he didn't pay attention to your compression ratio to start with. I'm a novice at blown setups and I know better than that! When you described your session about not letting the car get up to temps was also questionable. I'd definitely be pissed and there would be some people that knew it! I'm not a hothead by far(accused of the opposite on many occasions) but that chit wouldn't fly:fuss:. Sorry for your troubles and he would have to convince me(refund some $$) not to go ape chit. And I really doubt I'd let him touch the car again. If I had to wait for awhile to get into a better tuner then I would wait. :shrug:

oh im not going back to him i can tell you that!....but whats so shocking about the high compression on my motor?....i told him that it was a stroker?....he tuned it before?...wtf!...maybe ask me?....i asked "him" for the input??.... i know its not the best to boost a 10-1,and i know it was an after thought,but i just asked him if it was possible to do a mild tune with my set up??....he said yes!....now i just paid a g for nothing!...wow

The guy tuned your car last week and didn't know what compression your motor was? Did you get a copy of the timing,fuel, and AFR data? I'm curious to see what timing and fuel curve he mapped.

To answer your question, hell yeah you tune a 10:1 motor different than an 9:1 motor. I don't mean to be harsh, but I would not let that guy touch your car again.
is the data on the dyno sheet or is that seperate?.....now im really getting mad actually!...i really could have **** my motor up if it isnt already!....is your compression really that high?....wtf!

im going to go talk to the manager calmly to start and see what he says....thing is,i see quite a few nice rides in there,i know a few guys that got there cars tuned there also,and most ppl leave happy??!....i dont get it!