wiring an electric seat?

Duck1968

Sep 18, 2020
Miami
2003 Mustang Gt 150k miles. I have a pair of new front seats. Driver side is an electric seat. OG seats are not electric and are not wired to electric. Any tips or advice on how to wire/where to power seats? Is there any empty power slot in the fuse box? Where would I be able to tap power?
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

A 2003 GT should have a 4-pin 12V plug under the driver's seat as all GT's came with an 6-way power seat track and adjustable lumbar on the driver's side.

On the 4-pin plug are two large gauge wires, and 2 smaller wires. The 2 small ones are for the seat belt minder that connects to the driver's side seat belt buckle. The two larger wires are 12V for the power seat track.

You can use the 12V there to supply power to both driver's and passenger seat.

Reactions: 1 user
A 2003 GT should have a 4-pin 12V plug under the driver's seat as all GT's came with an 6-way power seat track and adjustable lumbar on the driver's side.

On the 4-pin plug are two large gauge wires, and 2 smaller wires. The 2 small ones are for the seat belt minder that connects to the driver's side seat belt buckle. The two larger wires are 12V for the power seat track.

You can use the 12V there to supply power to both driver's and passenger seat.
Thank you. I will look for those wires this weekend when I repalce the seats.