‘67 Mustang no blinkers, gear shift light or radio

Nyyanks01

Apr 11, 2019
NC
I have a ‘67 coupe that used to occasionally have ONLY the blinkers radio and gear shift light go out. Now these are almost always not working. It is very annoying. Does anyone know what the problem may be. I think it is a ground or could be loose wire some where just not sure. All other lights and electrical work. Only other thing with minor issue is the horn will spark when you hit the horn button on the bottom horn spoke. Not sure that plays into anything.

Ohh just remembered my wife said the backup lights don’t work either. Other than that all else work. I can tell when the radio and blinkers work if when I start the care the gear shift light is on...

This is baffling me and need it fixed.... any help is appreciated..

Tony...

• Sponsors (?)

HA! I had an identical problem when I was replacing my taillight panel and installing the LED tail lights. The blinkers, reverse lights, radio, all went out at once. The horn was intermittent.

I ended up tearing this piece of burned up wiring out of from behind the dash. The melted red wire with the clip is from the fuse block. The yellow wire with the spade goes to the turn signal. The blue wire I think is reverse light on the gear shift? The yellow with the stripe is for the radio. The frayed copper goes to the firewall and the tranny switch and powers the back-up lights. They all get power from that factory junction. I spliced in new wires and everything works great!

The horn I fixed by soldering the wire to the round copper plate in the steering column. The wire just finally broke off.

Attachments

• OFAY3810.JPG
    OFAY3810.JPG
    595.7 KB · Views: 133