01 Cobra low speed and intermittent wipers not working

Happster

May 30, 2010
Dunstable, MA
Hey all. I have a 2001 Mustang Cobra. Just swapped everything over to a new SN95 body and cannot get my low speed or intermittent wipers working. High speed works fine. I've changed the run/park relay, the Hi/Low relay and swapped out the multi-function switch with a known working switch. Wires at motor are BK, BK/PK, DG, DB/OG and WH. I ran the YE/WH wire to ground (picked it up at pin 1 of run/park relay) with key on as suggested from another post and low speed wiper came on and was unaffected by the multi-function switch position. At the motor I verified ground at the BK, ACC (+) at the DG and (+) power at WH when hi speed wipers are on, which was probably redundant because the hi speed wipers work fine. I was getting nothing at the DB/OG with the low or intermittent on at the switch, which I think is the power for the low speed wiper. Not sure what the BK/PK is supposed to be (ground from GEM? power from GEM?). The washer pump works, as does the mist wipe when you engage the washer. I suspect the GEM, but could use some help verifying. I did install a new radio system, which I hear shares ground with the GEM, but I was careful to clean up and tighten all grounds on the dash frame. Plus the GEM is functioning for all other tasks. Any other troubleshooting tests I can run to zero in? Much appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a diagram for a 2003 system, which is much like yours. It may shed (no pun) some light on the subject. Good luck. Think your problem is the YE/WH which doesn't go to ground.

Attachments

• 2003wiper.pdf
    188.3 KB · Views: 115
Still stumped. Anyone know what I should be getting at BLK/PINK wire? It runs from GEM to park/run relay and also to motor. Anyone know how to bench test motor or multifunction switch? Low works if I run ground to YE/RED at run/park relay, or if I run power directly to BLUE/ORG. So I suspect motor is fine and something upstream is wrong. I'd run for a new switch if I hadn't already swapped it out. I suppose both could have the same failure, just unlikely. Would love to test it. I tried but was not getting just open or closed readings, so I don't know what I'm supposed to get at which leads in certain switch positions. I know I'm not getting ground to YE/RED from the GEM in the low position and should be.