01 Mustang Overheating Radiator Fan not working.... Need Help

I have a 2001 Mustang 3.8L V6 base model manual transmission, about 3 months ago my car over heated, which caused my radiator to explode. I replaced the radiator, did a full flush, replaced the CHT sensor, the oil pressure sensor ( because my oil pressure gauge kept fluctuating from low to middle to high frequently), was running fine, then I got a P0305 code along with a P1285, I replaced the coil pack P 0305 hasn't come back but the P1285 is still present, I have noticed that the radiator fan isn't turning on at all but I have check the power to the fan itself and the fan works but just don't turn on which I think is causing the car to overheat causing the P1285 OBD Code. The CHT that I replaced is located on the back of then engine on the driver side right before the firewall.

I don't know what else to check but I need to figure this out ASAP.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

• Sponsors (?)

Understanding that you applied 12v to the fan to insure it is working? If yes, good. Now you need to move to the BJB and make sure the 30A CB on #1 (I believe) is good, which supplies power to the CCRM (which controls the fan operation power). If good, move to the CCRM and check to see if you have the 12v "Hot all Time" supplying pin #3 & 4 (may be yellow/black). If good, you have a complete circuit. The rest of the circuit is handled by the CCRM and you can't open that and filx it. There should be two red/orange wires (16ga) that come out of the CCRM which turn into one larger wire (12ga red/orange) that go to the fan. This is how the fan gets power. If you've replaced you CHT and all is good, the culprit may be the CCRM or the PCM isn't registering the input from the CHT to send the signal to the CCRM micropocessor. Also, #8 & 10 at the CCRM should be 12v. "Hot all Time". There are several ways to by-pass the CCRM and test, but more than I'd like to type.

Last edited: