03/04 Cobra front bumper on our cars

• Sponsors (?)

EDIT: At first I agreed with it only looked wrong because no sideskirts on the car, but after looking again, they made it entirely too large on the sides. It looks like it sticks out a good inch from the body lines on the rest of the car.

Our original photochops looked great, but they destroyed it.

:nonono:

I didn't see the bumper ready for purchase on abc so I'm assuming it's not theirs. Saleen bumper just doesn't do it for me, something about it makes me not like it. The saleen rear bumper is awesome tho. The OG cobra bumper also fits and looks awesome, but come on, so many of the sn guys have it, so trying to get something different isn't a bad idea. Maybe, just maybe, it does look a little big where it meets the body and if they could make it as to where it joins and not overlap, then it would look even better. Oh, and that photoshop is BADASS!!!!

It looks like it's the same height as the stock bumper and looks pretty well done. As mentioned before it looks off because the car has no side skirts. But the BIGGEST problem of this bumper is that it looks like it's overlapping the fenders? Maybee it's still in prototype mode and not yet fitted to bold under the fenders? I think it is definatley ABC exclusives because they usually use a white mustang and I think they're the only one making it. Maybee it's not on their website becaue it's not done yet? I dunno. If they fix it and paint it, I *might* consider it. But for now i'm still with you guys on the regular cobra bumpers for our cars.

Like I said a long time ago when people were photochopping it, it looks way too square. It CAN look great with some tweaking to match the SN95 curvature alittle better and of course tighten it up around the fender. Man that PS of Oinks car is terrible, lol.

srdracingkevin said:
take a look at my car its in my garage it flows real good with the rest of the kit i had to mod the front to fit and rebuild my saleen rear to make it all flow but i accomplished it

Your garage looks empty..... did you take it out for a spin, lol. J/K. I'd like to see it, though.

srdracingkevin said:
take a look at my car its in my garage it flows real good with the rest of the kit i had to mod the front to fit and rebuild my saleen rear to make it all flow but i accomplished it

There are no pics in your garage, but if memeory serves me right you have the '00 cobra R front bumper, not the '03 cobra that they are refering to in this thread, am I right?

x-newbumper.jpg

I liked this bumper, and I still think it's got potential, as long as they mold the sides in a bit

Attachments

• x-newbumper.jpg
    x-newbumper.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 83
I still haven't seen a pic of the 03-04 cobra bumper on abc's website. I haven't called either, but they should at least post up a pic so we can decide if it looks good or not. And Aaron, don't give in to what other people think, we started this idea and we're going to have the bumpers.(i hope so)

xr8d302 said:
x-newbumper.jpg

I liked this bumper, and I still think it's got potential, as long as they mold the sides in a bit

They gotta make that distance between the bottom of the headlights and the foglights less. Looks like a HUGE broad chin :nono:

This bumper is playing with fire. If you do it right, then you have the chance of it looking good. But its easy to do it wrong with things not being in the right size in relation to eachother. Our cars are not meant for huge pieces...just subtle little curves and accents.

I wish they made the cobra r bumper without the lip...i would be ALL OVER that :spot:

Can someone re post the picture? I cant see it :shrug:

Attachments

• x-newbumper.jpg
    x-newbumper.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 86
i dont know but i went ahead and went with the tried and true 94-98 cobra front bumper. it is nice and clean yet aggressive as well. i decided the 03 cobra bumper is just to much of a risk to make look right and work with the rest of the body lines.