03-04 Cobras in Portland area???

454LSX

Oct 1, 2008
I have a 99 SS with 25k miles on it, with a 454 LSX and all the goodies, including drivetrain, fabbed 9 inch rear, Konis etc etc etc etc.

Anyways the car is great but not as refined as I'd like and intended it to end up after all the money I've put into it over the last year.

There is a guy in OK with a low mile 03 Cobra with the ported blower and bolt ons that would like to trade cars.

I have not been in a Mustang since my friends 95 Cobra...IN 95 :)

Anyone local with an 03-04 willing to let me check there car out. I don't expect to drive it or anything but just check out the interior, hear it ask some questions etc???????

Tylerb59 from Washington (600rwhp black Cobra) told me this is the place to go for Cobra info.

I've always owned Vettes and F-bodies including a cam and bolt on Z06. But am looking for a more daily driver friendly car with a back seat for my 2 year old :)

I live in Sherwood and work in Beaverton.

Let me know

Bobby

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the forum, Bobby.

Can anyone help him out? I'm a bit of a drive away but think it'd be an AWESOME favor to have Bobby check out a Cobra before making a trade on a car out in Oklahoma. He's looking at a bolt-on Steigy-ported 03 with all the usual stuff so I'm confident there is a comparable car in the Portland area. :)

There is a Starbucks in Beaverton that was a frequent hangout on weekends, I'm not sure of that's still valid for a number of reasons including the late season.

There are a few Cobra owners in the Beaverton area that aren't too hard to track down. On Friday nights at the Dairy Queen in Aloha you'll see Cobras from mild to wild. A few that are at the DQ can also be found at Starbuck's at the Fred Meyer in Beaverton Town Square and the Sonic in Hillsboro. Weather permitting of course.

lsx blocks are badass why are you trading it? aren't those good for 1,000rwhp?

Lower the compression to 8.5:1 like the 03-04 cobra's and slap twin turbos on that baby!

Since you also upgraded the rear end your good to go with durability. You might want to add a th400 and then your set.

How much you selling it for?

I have a 99 SS with 25k miles on it, with a 454 LSX and all the goodies, including drivetrain, fabbed 9 inch rear, Konis etc etc etc etc.

Anyways the car is great but not as refined as I'd like and intended it to end up after all the money I've put into it over the last year.

There is a guy in OK with a low mile 03 Cobra with the ported blower and bolt ons that would like to trade cars.

I have not been in a Mustang since my friends 95 Cobra...IN 95 :)

Anyone local with an 03-04 willing to let me check there car out. I don't expect to drive it or anything but just check out the interior, hear it ask some questions etc???????

Tylerb59 from Washington (600rwhp black Cobra) told me this is the place to go for Cobra info.

I've always owned Vettes and F-bodies including a cam and bolt on Z06. But am looking for a more daily driver friendly car with a back seat for my 2 year old :)

I live in Sherwood and work in Beaverton.

Let me know

Bobby

Maybe there is someone local that would trade? Sounds like a pretty nice ride to me....

Nate

lsx blocks are badass why are you trading it? aren't those good for 1,000rwhp?

Lower the compression to 8.5:1 like the 03-04 cobra's and slap twin turbos on that baby!

Since you also upgraded the rear end your good to go with durability. You might want to add a th400 and then your set.

How much you selling it for?

Because of just that, with a turbo 400, and drag shocks with slicks it would be monster but I really want more of driver. For the power it puts down NA it drives well but the rear clunks the locker clicks, the clutch has a 1/2 inch of engagement, still surges in parking lots. ETC ETC

Its not an easy decision I'm just looking for something more wash and go and this point in my life.

Whats Wrong with a monster Bobby? :D

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!@!! I just don't have the time to enjoy it! I haven't been to the track in 2 years and have driven the SS less than 1300 miles since I've owned it.

I'm thinking a Cobra because it has 4 seats if I don't like it sell it and buy a 2k10 camaro.

But assuming I like the cobra which is pretty modded as is

03supercobra/new picture/Some more - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'll bring the 73 Formula down from Alaska and start the LSX 6spd restoration she deserves. That will be the "car I work on but never get to drive" for 5+ years :)

It'll be weird I've owned A f body for 14 years. My wife had the 98 vert when I had the Z06...