03 Cobra And Sct Sf3

sixstroke

Nov 18, 2013
First of all I would like to say I'm the proud owner of a cobra finally. Been in diesel world for a long time. Love this car.

I was wondering if I would be okay using the canned tunes on an sct until I am ready to make custom tuning worth the money. I am in the st Louis area also looking for good ones. Another option I was looking at is the email tunes from say amazon or bama. I really don't wanna mess with the wideband. Is there really that much risk of leaning out? The only reason I am looking at tuners is because I put an o/r x pipe on first thing and a week later Im getting cat codes.

So my current mods are: vrs o/r x pipe, magnapack catback (custom :nice:), and a k&n cold air

• Sponsors (?)

If those are the only modifications to your car (no changes to the supercharger, etc), the aftermarket handheld tuning devices such as those offered by SCT will definitely help. It won't fully realize the car's potential, but it is a good start. Of course, a custom dyno tune performed by your local tuner would be ideal, provided they know what they are doing (safe tune, etc).

The tuner will also allow you to disable the rear O2 sensor circuit (you could alternatively wire in a set of resistors to "trick" the car's computer into not triggering the check engine light for the lack of cats/proper voltage at the rear O2 sensor circuit if you want - that's how folks got by before these tuners became plentiful).

G'luck. :cheers:

Cobra90. Thanks for the reply. I ended up going with amazon with the for life tuning. I couldn't find any bad stories after scouring the forums. Data logging once I do pullies. He seemed pretty confident.