03 Cobra Arms & 00 hub & spindle install- 56K warning!

gcomfx.com said:
So why does everyone want the Cobra arms? :shrug:

They're shaped different, which supposedly gives you a 10% increase in turning radius. They also have a high friction ball joint and I think polyurethane or stiffer rubber bushings. It's an easy upgrade if you need to replace the ball joints; after you buy the ball joints and pay to press them on, you've already spent most of the money you'd spend on the Cobra arms. And you gotta remove the control arms anyway, so most figure you might as well do it.

• Sponsors (?)

Chythar said:
They're shaped different, which supposedly gives you a 10% increase in turning radius. They also have a high friction ball joint and I think polyurethane or stiffer rubber bushings. It's an easy upgrade if you need to replace the ball joints; after you buy the ball joints and pay to press them on, you've already spent most of the money you'd spend on the Cobra arms. And you gotta remove the control arms anyway, so most figure you might as well do it.

Interesting... I thought the put a posi-rear end in our cars to help with the turn radius. :D

OK, finally got the alignment done and took a good long drive. The difference is like night & day. I've still got good feedback from the steering, but it smoothed out a lot of the bumps. It's amazing how much smoother the ride is. Steering takes much less effort than it did before. I never noticed that the steering was a bit stiff - now, there's very little resistance at all. Overall, I'm VERY happy with the results.

Now, I don't know if that's specifically a result of the Cobra arms, or because I have new control arm bushings, new ball joints, and newer wheel bearings. It's hard to say which of them made the biggest difference.