04 Cobra : FRAUD ON AUTOTRADER

You two act like my post was flaming a member or something. That's Trolling, with a capital T. :nonono: Get a life you two.

And here's an FYI for you: Grammar has nothing to do with spelling, it is actually a system of rules by which words are formed and put together to make sentences, which is what I was pointing out. I never claimed to be an english major.

Sorry...

Didn't realize I was violating your personal version of situational ethics and internet protocol, whereby spelling errors are perfectly acceptable, and even expected, and should never be used to judge a person's intelligence level, nationality, or trustworthiness; however sentence structure is a fine indicator of all of the above.

The point I was trying to make was that one shouldn't judge others by their writing style unless one is willing to be submitted to the same scrutiny. I'm sorry the irony was lost on you.

You are correct, Sir, in your understanding of the definition of "grammar", although it's close relation to proper spelling is critical and strongly related. I chose not to split that hair...

It's interesting that you state that you never claimed to be an "english major" [sic], yet you took the liberty to judge the author precisely by his ability (or lack of ability) to properly construct sentences. First, I don't believe that one must be an English major to be able to properly construct sentences, or spell properly. Second, the construction you so thoroughly scrutinize is not that unlike many samples of business writing I see on a daily basis from college-educated, native-born US citizens. I've actually found that your average foreign-born, English-as-a-second-language college graduate is much better at English grammar and spelling than the average US graduate.

I didn't want to get into a urinating contest with you. I appreciate your concern with my quality of life; rest assured that it is just fine. If my sense of irony offended you, I apologize.

• Sponsors (?)

This thread had nothing to do with me, it had to do with someone who was suspected of being a scammer. I was simply pointing out that while observing the way this guy was talking, it was very similar to an experience I had myself with a scammer.

Then 2 of you come into this thread and go totally off course to correct me when it had nothing to do with the topic of discussion. That is trolling, any way you want to look at it. I can expect this type of behavior on that "other" Mustang forum, but not here. This is BS and I'm sure there are others who would agree with me on that. You don't come into a thread and attack one of your own, that's just not cool.

I'm done here.

This thread had nothing to do with me, it had to do with someone who was suspected of being a scammer. I was simply pointing out that while observing the way this guy was talking, it was very similar to an experience I had myself with a scammer.

Then 2 of you come into this thread and go totally off course to correct me when it had nothing to do with the topic of discussion. That is trolling, any way you want to look at it. I can expect this type of behavior on that "other" Mustang forum, but not here. This is BS and I'm sure there are others who would agree with me on that. You don't come into a thread and attack one of your own, that's just not cool.

I'm done here.

I assume that means you don't accept my apology?

I guess I'd appreciate you educating me on the finer points of not being a troll. I see plenty of people giving each other what I perceived as good-natured grief over comments, posts, opinions, etc. I saw a lot of irony in your post. I commented on it. It was not in any way intended as an attack. I'm sorry you chose to take it that way. I'm sorry I offended you. I'm sorry I even responded. I'll try hard not to offend you in the future.

Scam 2001 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson

I was a potential victim from the same mentioned person in this thread. They copied my Ebay auction and posted it on Auto Trader in NY (I live in Ca). The mistake I made was listing my vin# on the Ebay ad. I did leave my phone number on the auction and a consumer called me to ask if I had my truck on autotrader. He had remembered seeing my truck on Ebay and something didn't seem right to him, so he called me. He received the same story about the truck was with a shipping company and the previous buyer's financing fell thru. I then contacted the scammer thru the autotrader ad and acted as though I was a consumer interested in "my" truck. After several attempts, I was given the same phony number 4154834571. This person went as far as providing me with a fake/phony title with a California address and the seal and signatures from the State of Florida (fricken idiots!!!) They even typed on the title "Valencia Califirnia"(sp). Same old story about the price (I was selling the truck for $12995; however they listed it for $6000 but will take $2900 as a down payment thru Ebay (even though the ad was on autotrader and wire the money to a guy in Denver (Their shipping agent). Below is as many emails I can copy....BEWARE AND BE EDUCATED...DO NOT WIRE MONEY

Hi,

I apologize for the delay but I was busy. The car is still for sale.The price is not negociale $5,800 firm. The vehicle has never been in an accident and I have the clean and clear title in hand.
I can provide vin # to check on your own. Also, I can send you the pictures and more details too.
Just let me know if you are still interested.

Thank you,
Ashley

> Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 00:53:59 -0400
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Owner 64720425: AutoTrader.com: Vehicle Lead 2001 Ford F150
>
> ***VEHICLE LEAD***
>
> The following lead was generated from AutoTrader.com's web site at New Cars, Used Cars - Find Cars at AutoTrader.com.
> To view the vehicle, click the link below:
> Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com
>
>
> VEHICLE INFORMATION
> Make: Ford
> Model: F150
> Year: 2001
> Price: 5880
> Mileage: 95600
> Body Style: Truck
> Color: Black
> Cylinders: 8 Cylinder Gasoline
> Transmission: 4 Speed Automatic with Overdrive
> Doors: Four Door
> Stereo: Unavailable
> VIN:
> Description: Black monochromatic paint. 5.4L Triton V-8 single overhead cam engine with 260 horsepower and 350 ft.-lbs. of torque Suspension lowered one inch. Unique tuned exhaust system with single inlet/dual outlet muffler and "slash-cut" 3 " chrome tips. 4-speed automatic transmission. 3.73 Limited Slip rear axle. Unique 20x9-inch five-spoke chromed aluminum wheels with HARLEY-DAVIDSON identification on center caps. Unique front lower valence with fog lamps.
>
> BUYER INFO
> Name:
> E-Mail Address: [email protected]
> Comments: I am interested in your truck. Please call.
> Zip Code of Sender: unavailable

Hi again,

The car has 96 K miles and is in excellent condition. It has been kept clean, never been smoked in, no bodywork or paintwork ever and there are no fluid leaks. Nothing needs replacing, everything works perfectly.
This is the VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxx. The car is registered in my name and there is no lien on the vehicle. I have the clean and clear title ready for transfer. I supposed to ship the car to NY so I listed the vehicle in NY just in case the buyer changes his mind. Then he told me that his loan wasn't approved. But he already paid the shipping charges. The shipping is paid.
I want to tell you that we will use eBay in this transaction in order for both of us to be 100% protected and insured by them.I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I'm left out of the town so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the internet. The only thing because i am selling it,because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this car, now as a woman i don`t need it( i don`t have driver license)...
eBay will supervise this transaction so there won`t be any problems. They will take care of the shipping and all the small details. You will get the car and you will have 5 days of inspection in which you can decide if you buy the car or not. If you won`t like my car (not your case) you notify eBay and you send the car back on my cost,if you want to keep it you announce eBay to send me the money (payment method and all the details will be set up by eBay) and you keep the car.
eBay will send you an invoice at your email in which you will see how to start this transaction and in which you can see that this transaction is legit. Please get back to me with your full name and full address so i can forwardyour details to eBay in order for you to receive the invoice.

Wait your reply,
Ashley

Hello Michael,

I have just been contacted by eBay and they told me that they opened a transaction for us.I will wait for you to make deposit in order to move forward with the deal. like I told you the car is ready to go at the shipping company and I just wait the payment confirmation from the ebay department to start the shipping.
Have you received any details from them? Please reply me and let me know.

Best regards,
Ashley Hawk

P.S Hope to hear from you soon.

k Michael, I will wait for eBay to confirm me you have complited the payment.

Thank you very much,
Ashley

> Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 06:47:00 -0800
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: Owner 64720425: AutoTrader.com: Vehicle Lead 2001 Ford F150
> To: [email protected]
>
> ok I am going to send out the money today
>
> Ashley Hawk wrote:
> > Michael
> >
> > All you need to complete the payment its just your id and cash and make the payment from your name and address to ebay's agent name and address and when you will complete the payment moneygram will give you a receipt with a reference number with 8 digits and you have to email back or fax those details to ebay.
> > I belive you said to moneygram that you need to receive money thats why they asked you to provide the 8 digits number.
> > Please make the payment like ebay has advised and send them the details to check the transfer so i can start the shipping process.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ashley
> >
> > Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 11:17:21 -0800 From: [email protected] Subject: RE: Owner 64720425: AutoTrader.com: Vehicle Lead 2001 Ford F150 To: [email protected]
> > Hello Ashley,
> > I need the 8 digit code to send the money. Money Gram said I need it to sent the money. Please provide.

Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 20:23:41 -0800
Subject: Re: Title for 2001 Ford F150
To: [email protected]

Ashely,
The title clearly says your name on the title. What is your phone number so I may speak to you? I have the money ready, but need to make sure this is an honest, trust worthy transaction. Once we talk, I will be good to send the money.

Michael

4154834571 here is my phone number,call me tomorow after 12.

Fake Title

Attached is a copy of the fake title I was sent. Being the real owner of the truck, I knew what the real title looked like...BEWARE AS THESE FAKES LOOK REAL IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL

Attachments

• 2001 ford f-150 Fake Title with Notes.jpg
    2001 ford f-150 Fake Title with Notes.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 108
You two act like my post was flaming a member or something. That's Trolling, with a capital T. :nonono: Get a life you two.

And here's an FYI for you: Grammar has nothing to do with spelling, it is actually a system of rules by which words are formed and put together to make sentences, which is what I was pointing out. I never claimed to be an english major.
wow, i've never been called a troll before ... :(

my post was intended as, as husky called it, good-natured grief, but i realize it did not come across that way. that was my fault because i was not clear about it. sorry about that.

Husky, appology accepted, water under the bridge....

harley, you're right, those signatures match the ones on both of my titles. And the "state of california" text at the bottom isn't centered either.

"Califirnia"? lmao

Get the word out

Let's make sure we get the word out on these f'ing scammers. Education is the best and only defense we have. Luckily I was not scammed, but I can not do anything legally since the crime has not yet happened.

They are all over Autotrader. After I posted in here I found 3 other classic mustangs for $10K or less that looked too good to be true. Sure enough I changed my searching criteria to cars up to $100K, and found all three for $50K+... Funny thing is that all of them had the car location in either Chicago or California. Like I said earlier, I am in the transportation brokerage business, and most all our fraud cases are from foreign pieces of crap based out of Chicago and Los Angeles. Its too bad, because it has made me very leary of immigrants all together.

Thats the problem with texting/forums. No one knows how to take you. Chris/BV is NOT a troll. He is a good guy, period. Now az to the rest of use, I am gona lern yuse a leason or to if youse keap tawlkin about me grammere!