04 vs. 05+

• Sponsors (?)

Love my sn95!

05+ has NO interior room in the rear!
05+ is just a knock off of the real thing.....seriously, if you can spend 20-25k on a 05+ GT...why arent you spending that money on a fully restored 65-68 GT or a 69/70 Mach 1????

My mach ROARS....i love the fit and finish...it handles REALLY well and the ride is nice and decently firm like I like it....

Only complaint is no one knows what a mach is really...hehehe...so its a secret weapon

the SN95 had room in the backseat??? :scratch: i dont think so....

as far as buying the real thing, i can think of several reasons.

a. no warranty
b. you never truely know what you are getting. yeah it might have been from a good shop, but who knows whats under that paint?
c. modern suspension. not many people truely make a classic a DD. only the hardcore enthusiasts.
d. a restored classic does not have fuel injection, something that is easier to drive daily, and gets better mileage as well.
e. why ruin a fully restored classic by driving it daily? would you drive that thing in the rain? i didnt think so.

i can keep going on and on about why someone would purchase a S197 over a classic. the bottom line is that they are both kick ass, but in different ways.

I test drove an 04 GT when it was new... I loved the exhaust note... that was it.

I thought it was ugly (inside, out), slow and was a terrible handling car.

The 05+ is definitely good looking inside, out is faster and is a much better handling car. Feels more like a modern car.

No offence to the pre-05 Mustangs - just my opinion.

I do like the Mach 1 though and after my friend's M3 got owned by one I have even more respect for it. Not to mention that it does have killer sound.

Im not sure how good of a driver I will be w/ a muscle car...Ive always owned 4x4 trucks and Jeeps. I know how to drive through mud, now I want to see how well I can do in a straight line or even a road course.

I think Ill go with an 05+ because I would like to try it out on a road course as well as the drag strip and will need something capable of handling not just going in a straight line. But for the most part this car will be my daily drive and because of that I would really like to be riding in something as sexy as the new body style.

-Mike

I say go with the 05+ because that is what you want. I'm sure you can find a reasonably priced used 2005 Mustang GT in the low $20Ks. Just because it is an 05+ don't feel obligated to get a brand new one if you are on a tight budget.

Just do some shopping around and be patient. I bet you will find what you are looking for.

it depends on what you want it for. i personally dont mind small squeeks and rattles. i just care about looks and speed. i think the 04 and under gt looks better stock. also with some cosmetic changes both modekls can look good, i just think the sn95 look better on the outside.

once inside the new one, it dont really feel like a mustang. i guess that is because it is more refined...im just not used to it.

it is hard to make the 2 valves fast....but i cant wait to run into any of these cars this summer with my little 2 valve!:nice:

Think the new 3v is alittle cheaper then my old 01 cobra :rlaugh:

Speak for yourself, I picked up my '03 4v new for just about a grand more then my '02 GT was new (which I traded in for the Mach) and still cheaper then what new loaded GTs go for now. Anyway I was just tryin to point at the wether it's 2v/3v/4v they are all pretty costly to mod with minimal gains until u get to superchargers and what not.