05 Mustang info sheet

Has anyone besides me noticed that this dealer card lists the width as 74.0", not the 72.1" listed in the magazine articles?

So much for all you clowns who were whining about the 2005 Mustang being too narrow. Does it look better to you guys now?

That speed shot on the top right looks so much like a 69 sportsroof. Ford did a sweet job. The only main thing I would have done different would be the "mustang hind quarters" or the hump that starts right at the quarter windows on all the classics. It would have added a lot more character to it.

Ah, the Mustang isn't a sports car. It's more of a sports coupe. A sports car only has two seats. I don't have any complaints with the amount of space in the trunk itself, just the serious lack of access to it. The opening could be a bit wider. Oh well.

It's a pony car. But it should be called a predatory fish car, since Plymouth was the first to introduce the concept with the Barracuda.

66Satellite said:
It's a pony car. But it should be called a predatory fish car, since Plymouth was the first to introduce the concept with the Barracuda.

Sorry but the original Barracuda wasn't much more than a Valliant with a big glass fastback roof stuck on its rear. It did not have Pony Car proportions, which is what made the original Mustang.

awalbert88 said:
The trunk shot is supposed to show us that, despite an entirely new Mustang, it still has a worthless trunk opening. Looks like we might have a tiny bit more space in there, but the opening is still pretty lousy. Sigh.

So go buy a Crown Victoria then.

About the trunk, I agree with the haters, why can't they engineer the rear tail lights to be attached to the trunk? It would still look the same. Only thing I do miss about my Prode is the hatch, you could fit a butt-load of stuff in there, flip the rear seats down and you could put a freakin' conference table back there. Oh well, what counts is under the hood, not the trunk. ;-)

-Chris