Drivetrain 05+ Tremec 3650

• Sponsors (?)

It would take quite a bit of work, and I don' t think there are enough improvements to make it worth while.

The shifter is remote mounted on the 05+, so you'll have to somehow mount it in the car (maybe a plate over the old shifter openning, and mount to the plate?).

The 05+ uses a hydraulic clutch, so you'll have to convert your existing pedal box to use a hydraulic slave instead of cable... then route the hydraulic line to the trans and add a fluid reservouir.

Also, the output shaft on the 05+ 3650 is a flange instead of a slip joint like the 79-04 mustang. Unless the tail side of the trans can be changed out, you'll have to have a driveshaft custom made, flanges on both sides and a slip joint in the middle.

Really not worth it IMO. I was looking at using the 05+ trans on my roadster build. I considered it, and since it is an all new build, I could more easily use that trans... but ended up getting a good deal on a 01-04 TR3650 instead. I am still wondering if I should convert it to a hydraulic clutch though.

Reactions: 1 user