• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

'06 build order?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chrisfowler99
  • Start date Start date Jul 21, 2005
C

chrisfowler99

New Member
May 31, 2005
4
0
0
Jul 21, 2005
#1
  • Jul 21, 2005
  • #1
Does anyone know if they will be waiting to build the 'verts again this year and building coupes only first?

I'm wanting to order an '06 GT Premium 'vert, but I'm not willing to wait until January to get it built...
 
3

3fittyZ

New Member
Jul 18, 2005
0
0
0
Jul 21, 2005
#2
  • Jul 21, 2005
  • #2
I just ordered an '06 vert GT for my wife last week. I got the DORA with all the info and called robot lady. She says I am scheduled for a build date of August 22.
 
C

chrisfowler99

New Member
May 31, 2005
4
0
0
Jul 22, 2005
#3
  • Jul 22, 2005
  • #3
That is definitely good to hear.

Salesman at the dealership was telling me I'd probably be looking at at least a four month wait, but I wasn't sure if that was just because he wanted me to buy the used GT 'vert they had on the lot (for $3k above new sticker )
 
3

3fittyZ

New Member
Jul 18, 2005
0
0
0
Jul 22, 2005
#4
  • Jul 22, 2005
  • #4
I just called the number again this morning and my build date has been moved up to the week of August 15! Woohoo!
 

GOLDENPONY

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2002
1,503
0
36
LOVELAND, OHIO
Jul 22, 2005
#5
  • Jul 22, 2005
  • #5
06 'Vert

I ordered my '06 premium GT 'vert on June 8, Build date is week of Aug. 8.
 

351CJ

New Member
Dec 11, 2002
1,732
1
0
Jul 24, 2005
#6
  • Jul 24, 2005
  • #6
They are building both 06 coupes and verts from the start of 06 production (Aug 9).

The verts were delayed in 05 because there was so much to do in launching the all new 05 model it was safer to get the coupe in production first and add the vert later rather than risk both getting delayed.
 
T

tnmustang

New Member
Dec 15, 2004
2
0
0
Jul 24, 2005
#7
  • Jul 24, 2005
  • #7
Ordered my vert in June. Robot lady first said Aug 22nd. A week later it was Aug. 8th, then Aug 15th. Now it says Aug 22nd again. I won't believe it's built until I see it. Ordered one in January and it never got built.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Old/new guy
  • mustangtoby
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
114
The Welcome Wagon Aug 18, 2026
josep4
C
Help with manual conversion
  • CPH89LX
  • Aug 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
460
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
2000xp8
B
Acceleration Vibration
  • Blown02svt
  • Dec 31, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
13
Views
742
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 5, 2026
General karthief
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
181
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
B
Subframe connector question
  • B0udreaux
  • Jan 27, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 5, 2026
rednotch
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?