Which would you choose?

• 2006 Mustang GT 24k miles w/ around 340RWHP

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 2004 Cobra 14k miles w/ 614RWHP

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Tr1gger

Jan 10, 2010
Im torn between the car I currently own (06 gt) and a 04 cobra which has some work done. I want a fine balance of show and go. I love the look of my 06 but it just doesnt seem to have the power, and for the price of supercharging it (and having less hp then the cobra) i could buy the cobra and possibly have some money left over for some extra goodies. What would you do? Heres my options...

06 GT (currently owned)
24k miles, Mutha thumper cams, fang shaker, nitrous, delete plates, pulleys, headers, exhaust, cai, brenspeed tuned...and a bit of chrome accenting and rims to give it a clean look. Makes around 340RWHP

04 Cobra
14K miles, New fuel injectors, new ford gt dual fuel pumps, big bore throttle body, MSD coil pack, kenne bell boost a spark, spec 3+ clutch and light flywheel, full Borla Stinger exhaust, shift kit, and sequential tail lights. Makes 615RWHP

As I said I love the look of my car, thats what makes it hard to part with...but what would YOU do. The cobra is about 4k more than what my GT will sell for..so price is not that bad.

• Sponsors (?)

Id keep driving the 06. Beside the power advantage of the 04, all other catagories are won by the newer platform design.
Ive owned a 99gt and an 04gt and now have an 06gt I was just very bored with the dated design.
If the car is dedicated for drag racing then definatly get the Cobra.

Purely a personal decision. But I bought new because I didn't want to deal with someone else's poorly executed mods. That and building up a brand new car absent years of road grime, seized fasteners and the like was just too appealing.

If you've owned your '06 since it was new, you are intimate with everything that's been done to it and to me that has great value.

It would prob be more economical in the long run to buy the Terminator, keep the miles low, which by looking at the miles on ur 06 shouldn't be hard, and watch ur investment increase. The 04 Is rare and getting more so by the day and I see them going up in value eventually and being that car everyone wishes they hadn't sold, but that's just my opinion.

i would go with the 06 for sure the terminators are money pits quoted from my friends that have an 04 with 505 rwhp and plus the 06 is so much better looking especially the interior.

My vote would be the termi, but that's because from 05-09 I didn't care for the retro look of the new mustangs, from 10+ is when they started appealing to me again. But what do i know i was this close || to getting a challenger :shrug: