1/4 today

steve06

New Member
Feb 14, 2004
15
0
0
I took my 02gt to the track today for the first time. I have a magnapack catback and thats it. Like i said it was my first time and this is my first ever 5 speed. I pulled a 14.5 at 98 mph. Any tips of what i can do to get my times lower. My 60 foots are at 2.2 :( !! I fimished the quater pretty muched redlined in third. Any suggestions would help! thanks
 
Stock gears, don't shift to 4th.

Just practice on getting the launch down. Spin your tires for a second to get them cleaned off. Rev to at least 3000 and slip the clutch out.

Number one thing is to drive like you stole it. Powershift that sucker. :nice: With stock tires and suspension, but maybe not on the 1-2 shift because you'll probably break them loose.
 
GinoGT said:
Just practice on getting the launch down. Spin your tires for a second to get them cleaned off.

Number one thing is to drive like you stole it.

yes to what Gino says :nice: ..practice on launching, as much as you can. Then drive the piss out of it down the track. :D