10,000 crazy mf’ers…all in one place…..for a week

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
On Thursday next week, The Monster, The LJK, and me will make the 5 hour drive to Gulfport MS. As of this writing, there are over 8050 cars pre-registered, with an anticipated 2000 additional participants expected to register after the event officially starts this Monday. Open to domestic cars from 1989 and earlier, the influx of old assed American automobiles has got to be one of the largest pilgrimages that occur in the US annually.

I have been waiting on this show all year now. To say I’m getting all frothy about the drive, the event, the vacation, and the fun that will come simply as a result of me sitting and talking to spectators over the three days I’ll be down there is an understatement.

This is one of the best all brand/all year events to happen in the country.

And…it’s spread across 5-6 gulf coast Mississippi cities ( Great food) …along the gulf coast in Early October…( perfect weather) Usually set under 200 year old Spanish oaks ( Shade trees that drop acorns on the cars all through the event)…It’s the best damn show you’ll ever go to.

Mustang week by comparison….is weak.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Your scrap is going to break on the way down there. There I said it, and I'm usually wrong about almost everything, so you should be fine.

Kurt

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Lived there for 7 years and went to Edgewater Mall every night for Cruzin. Usually took the Chevelle.... Great time. Just dont get in a hurry to go anywhere......

You sold me, but I don't know what the product is? Foxtoberfest?
Cruisin the Coast.
You just gotta have a domestic car made before 1989.

It’s a crotchety event to be sure,….with a bunch of doo wop greaser bands, and a whole bunch of “original owners” tooling around in their high school dream cars of the 50’s and 60’s. Vietnam era vets in the cars they bought when they made it back to the US, Guys like me that coulda bought whatever I wanted for less than 2000-3000 back in the mid-late 70’s…with the average age being 55-60 here.
Raisin ville
But I think of it this way…when these guys are gone, so are the origins of the hobby/sport everybody here loves.
There are 8050 pre-registered cars, with another 1000-2000 guys like me driving in for a few days that brings it up to almost 10k cars by the time the whole thing is over. There is every American car ever made to be seen here, Stuff of legends like Boss 429 Mustangs, Hemi Cuda’s, 1971 454 SS Chevelles, 1963 Galaxies w/427 cammers and just about any other OMG creation ever to roll off the assembly line. Then there are the mega dollar shop builds, street rods, show cars, rat rods, with everything else in between. Despite the restrictions on model year cutoff, money is still king here, and if I walk around with a camera, how many C7 and C8 Corvettes, S550 Mustangs, And late model Camaros, Challengers and Chargers will I be able to take a pic of ya spose?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users