140 Cluster

ktmfly1

Apr 26, 2005
Park Ridge Il
I was wondering what you have to do to swap out a 85 mph speedo to a 140. I dindt know if you had to change any gears so it reads the the right speed. Also is it easy to pull out of the car and put back in.

Thanks Tim

• Sponsors (?)

im in the process of doing this now. Well, ive just put the 140mph speedo in and it only reads speeds correctly up tp 60 without that black thing on the needle (its a weight), and with the weight on , when I was stopped completely, it redd 10mph. I dunno, i was doing this in my 4 cylinder. But since you have a 5 liter tranny, it might work just fine.

its not really that hard to get out. I hated disconnecting the headlight and hazard lights though, pain in the ass gettin them back in, and theres about15 screws you have to take out. But like i said, its not that hard, just a lil frustrating.

Do a search on speedometer and you should find a lot of info. You have to know what you have and how it will work. The whole clusters are different on the 87-89 and 90-93 models and are wired differently if you want to swap the whole clusters. You can swap over the speedo part of the cluster also, direct fit within the two year brackets above. And you can just swap the mechanisms and get new faces if you want to cross the year brackets (like 92 speedo in a 87 cluster)